Thursday, 14 August 2008

Our day out in Greenwich

The National Maritime Museum
Lillie
Lillie & I
A figurehead...
And another one...
And one more!
Some equipment thats needed at sea...


Even the extra cargo!

Lillie touching a lifeless looking rat!
Lillie & I looking through various telescope lenses
Lillie - the next Tracy Edwards!
Lillie working out how to safely balance the load on a boat... A light flashes to indicate red for unsafe & green for safe!
Just two more to go now Lils...
A model of Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square
A portrait of Admiral Horatio Nelson (1758 - 1805)
Lillie recharging her batteries!
And wanting to snooze a little!
Lillie next to a statue of Captain James Cook (1728 - 1779)
Adventure playground time!
Ahoy there, me Hearties!
Lillie enjoying her triple ice cream after a lovely dinner at Cafe Sol - I highly recommend this Mexican style restaurant... Its one of my fav' places to eat in Greenwich! (Nelson Road)
A leisurely stroll along the Thames @ Greenwich before heading for home after a very lovely day...
There are many more pics that Lillie's Daddy took - over 80 in total. Some will be printed out to put in Lillie's 'All About Me' book & also some for her treasure chest!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day out - love the pics of Lillie 'recharging her batteries'!
    I remember going on a school trip to Greenwich in primary school (I grew up in London), many, many years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillie was meant to visit the Queen's House as well yesterday, but it was shut! So it looks like we will be going again soon!

    Where abouts in London did you grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started off in Willesden, then moved further out to Hillingdon. I moved up to the Scottish Highlands about 11 years ago, and love it here. I really enjoy going back home to visit, but don't think I could live there again, its a totally different pace of life! XX

    ReplyDelete