Happy Easter everyone! Its been very nice here so far! Though Good Friday could have been much better! My mood went from 'what shall we do today Lillie?' to feeling like I was under attack! Lillie's Dad has made it clear to me via a text message that if Lillie doesnt start interacting with more kids 'her own age', as well as me 'doing more' with her as I am apparently making her 'miss out on so much', then he is taking me to court as well as him look for a school for her! Has he read this blog lately? Has he requested to see any of the activities she has been doing? Does he know who she interacts with while she is in my care? I can definitely answer no to the last two questions. I just dont know where all this is coming from as he was 100% 'for' HE when we 'officially' started out with this way of life back in 2007. I have replied to his text by suggesting that he should air his concerns with his solicitor and/or seek the assistance of social services if he doubts my parental ability/responsibility. I also suggested he read up on the Education Act, expressing that if he finds it too difficult to understand (sarcasm expressed on my part here!) then there are alternative sites where he can become 'easily' informed on HE via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm and/or http://www.education-otherwise.org/ His reply to these suggestions was 'whatever' (says it all really!) What amazes me is that I sat down with him whilst I was researching HE back in the spring of 2007, we had an in depth conversation about it, so I know he is informed! Well this start to Good Friday put me in a foul mood & I spent the rest of the day gritting my teeth. Thankfully Lillie didnt notice too much, though she did ask me a few times if I was alright. And yes I lied!Saturday was a much better day, despite my feeling emotionally drained and a little despondent. But, I did manage to put the day before to the back of my mind and Lillie & I spent the day chill-axing! Lillie has also been feeling unwell this last week, she has had cold like symptoms, gunky eyes and started to develop a rash late Friday afternoon. Initially I thought it was a mild case of measles because of her other symptoms, then I thought it could be chicken pox again (so I had to text all those who had come into contact with Lillie during the past week!) But thankfully it turned out to be an allergic reaction, (so more texts were sent saying it was a false alarm!). An allergic reaction to what though? I am not completely sure. Though I had noticed our handsome cat Rocco asleep on Lillie's bed Thursday night so its possible it could be that. The bedrooms are out of bounds to Rocco as I have an allergy to cat fur as well as being asthmatic, plus I have to always wash my hands after touching him to keep my allergy under control. I have always made the kids do the same just in case of any reaction & of course for hygiene purposes. So the bedroom doors are shut properly now in case he wanders off in there for a nap again!
Yesterday was a lovely day. The pic below doesnt illustrate all the easter eggs Lillie received as she has eaten two during the week! The egg wrapped in golden foil was given to Lillie by our next door neighbour Honey. She spotted us out in the garden yesterday morning. Honey explained that the easter bunny had left it for Lillie in her house! Lillie was amazed & I found this a very thoughtful gesture. Honey & I had a little chat & have arranged to go for a picnic to Sutcliffe Park http://www.greenwich.gov.uk/Greenwich/YourEnvironment/GreenSpace/ParksGardens/Eltham/SutcliffePark.htm once the sunshine returns. So this should be a nice day out and an opportunity for Honey & I to get to know each other more fully after our falling out last autumn. I know Lillie will have a lovely time entertaining Honey's little girl Elize.
We were up very early today so headed for the local shop for a few items. It was only 7.45am when we left. The main road is normally at a standstill with cars, buses etc at this time on a usual Monday morning, but being a bank holiday, this is how it looked at this time...
Look right...
And look left... totally deserted! Its a shame I didnt have the camera in my hand when Lillie spotted three flying geese on our way home. She did make me chuckle when she showed her concern for my friends fish pond. She thinks the geese where on their way to eat his Koi carp lol... It was nice to get back into the warm, so while I made a cuppa, Lillie made her way upstairs to wait for some hot buttery toast with jam on one slice & marmite on the other. I also got out our ingredients that we bought earlier in the week. With Lillie not being well, we thought it best to wait until today to make a chocolately easter treat!
Our ingredients... Not sure yet if we shall use the 100s & 1000s...
Lets just hope they do turn out kinda like the pic in the Sainsbury's freebie easter recipe booklet!!
Oh, before I go, I read this article on one HE blog I follow, http://byothermeans.co.uk/ Its very thought provoking.... So Ive added it to my own blog.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/5136420/Home-schooling---a-vision-of-the-future.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/5136420/Home-schooling---a-vision-of-the-future.html
sorry to hear about the hassle you're getting about HE, sounds like you're handling it all really well though - you know what's right for your child and what works for her. From what I can see - reading your blog - you are doing a great job and have a very bright and happy little girl :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kara, I appreciate your words of support x x
ReplyDelete