Friday, 21 September 2012

Ahhhh, much better....

What a different week compared to what I had anticipated or expected since my post last Sunday -  I've just re read that posting too. Talk about the waves of stress, tidal waving outta the monitor. I should not mock myself, but it did make me chuckle since this week has been a mostly good one.

I shall only summarise in this post - work has been good as usual. I've not felt harassed by calls from the office. So, my phones have not been switched off everyday when getting home. I've applied for two jobs though. Not because I dislike the company I work for - how could I, when they gave me the break I needed to get into Care Work? The job applications are for care homes, to gain experience in a different setting. I'm aiming for experience in Pallative Care too. However, my ultimate aim is to go self-employed someday after I graduate next year. The purpose for my wish to go self-employed is that I would like to work directly for clients and offer a tailor made package for them. Plus, the pay would mean I earn what I feel is a fairer deal. I know care companies have to take their cut for admin, training costs, office staff etc but I've recently discovered just how much I could earn for the time I do for a client because there is no middle man so to speak.

Yayyyy, I've finally finished reading Oliver Twist to Lillie - seems a little strange as it's been a good while on/off since we started on this book. We came to the end on Wednesday after Lillie just told me to keep going with the last few chapters as she had become even more so engrossed. We've now begun The Hobbit. Hopefully we will have finished it in time for the movie release which we are so looking forward too - prob' more so Lillie as she loves her Lord of the Rings Trilogy DVD. Orlando Bloom fan, she is.... Well in these movies...

Lillie is really enjoying being back at GB - no change here - second meet was last night  - her name is also down for a panto in January to our local theatre - http://www.bobhopetheatre.co.uk/ This visit will be free to the Brigade's girls to celebrate 75 years of the company. Such a lovely treat for them to look forward too after xmas. The actual panto is a surprise, therefore it is not known what story it is.... More GB happenings - Lillie was very proud of the iced biscuits she made last night - she has eaten one after dinner today and shall eat the second tomorrow. Savour the flavour! I also enjoyed another good study sesh at the library - though it took a while to get into the swing of it because an inconsiderate male, with a travelling deep, yet whingeful voice was a distraction and not just to mysef - I heard there were complaints made after I had moved. His discussions roused some offence being caused to other library goers. I just can't tolerate such behaviour in a place I aim to use as a sanctuary 'to think freely' and learn more from my studies. I'm grateful I moved or he may have been in danger from my sharp, quick responses that would have cut him like a sheet of paper, slicing the skin! Forget that, cardboard!!

Lillie has also been set some tasks to do at her childminder's this week - the tasks were set by me and involved some Origami, a wordsearch puzzle, some reading of Tom's Midnight Garden, fact finding in her new book about the Living Planet that she wanted and therefore got last Monday. There has also been the opportunity for her to do some drawings whch she enjoys doing often and to create two Thanksgiving Day menus for us. Those never got started, as today was a busy day out with her childminder. Always next week to complete them. Plus, Lillie has been on two visits to a coffee morning session with her childminder and other children.

Lillie also has the opportunity to go along to a Touch Rugby meet on Sundays, at our local Rugby ground. I got talking to someone who is very involved with behind the scenes work for this club and like many discussions it led to the possibility of Lillie going along. She is welcome to join at anytime, so it's basically when Lillie wants to pop along to see what's what. And from chatting with her yesterday, she seems interested in checking it out.

So, the week has been somewhat productive and I did not burn out like I thought I would! The weekend has started lovely too, we've completed the first chapter of The Hobbit and together watched the second part of Vikings presented by Neil Oliver on BBC2. We are thoroughly enjoying it. It certainly gets us 'discussing' what we are learning about the Norse Warriors. We've also spent time relaxing to Blue Peter and chilled out separately too. Lillie is sleeping peacefully now and I shall be preparing myself to snuggle up in bed and watch something on tv. Who knows, I may even break that cycle of being asleep by 23:00!!

Tomorrow brings a day mostly by myself  - Lillie is being picked up around 9amish and will be spending the day/early evening with her Dad and his family. Lillie can't wait to see her siblings and was very pleased I did not forget the dog treats she wanted for Diesel - phew, I'm still in Lillie's good books! I know I will enjoy some 'me' time too, however, it will feel a little odd being without my girl for most of the day. We've not been apart for more that a few hours on the weekend since April.

So, with out saying so too loudly, I think this Sunday evening will have me thinking very differently in comparison to the last Sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment