Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Design, Brainfreeze and Chocolate Coated Pineapple


From packaging used for a pair of leg warmers (boot shaped card) and some little creative items...


... to this decorative piece, created by Lillie for her bedroom door or indeed anywhere she would like it displayed in her room - gorgeous...


A yummy muffin for me, made by Lillie, assisted by her Childminder. They made a batch together to take to a coffee morning they attend twice a week - Lillie also organised a group activity with the younger children, which involved her reading a story and group singing, which I hear the parents joined in with. Lillie was commended with lots of praise and handshakes from the parents on such a good job which was fun for all - quite the little volunteer my girl - so proud of her.

After such a busy week and it ending with a trip to my solicitors, our weekend began Friday late afternoon with a trip to Pizzahut - pepperoni pizza, chicken and onion pizza, garlic bread, potato wedges with dip, a salad each followed by Lillie wanting ice-cream for desert...


Are you guna eat all that, Lillie?


Probably not, if you keep getting BRAINFREEZE, lol...

Then the weekend changed for the worse - saturday morning, I poked myself in the eye - to cut a long story short, I was in A&E by 19:30 that evening, with Lillie by my side, keeping me as calm as possible. Three hours later (which is no time at all for a Saturday) we made our way home after I had endured the worst pain ever - Treatment - Some local anaesthetic drops (oh what a relief) and yellow dye had been placed in my eye, to show up any injury to it - Conclusion - I had scratched the surface of my eyeball when poking it earlier that day. I was given anti-biotic eye ointment to prevent any infection setting in.

Sunday, reported to work that I would be off sick Monday morning and would call my co-ordinator on Monday to let them know when I would be back to work. By Monday morning, my eye had swollen quite badly to where it was almost completely closed, so stopped the ointment for side-effect reasons. The swelling began to lessen quite soon after. Let work know I would be ok for work yesterday morning.

Took feeling painfree and ok for granted - got up for work as usual, on way to dropping Lillie off with Lina, the upper part of my legs began to feel very weak, I also felt unsteady, disorientated and in a word frightened with how I was feeling, to the point of almost crying when reaching Lina. She believed I should not have returned to work so soon. But, I carried on regardless. While en route to my second client, I had not improved, in fact quite the opposite - I made the decision to call work and state I was unfit to work and to cut another long story short, I made the decision to go home - I was not willing to put my next two clients at any risk while I believed my own safety was at risk.

A trip to the doctor's this morning revealed that my symptoms are not related to the eye injury I sustained last Saturday nor to the ointment - tomorrow will mean a trip to hospital for some blood tests - I do not know what the doctor is looking for. I have also been signed off work for a week and have to go back to GP next week if I am still experiencing this leg weakness. So, we shall see what the outcome is. To be honest over the past two years I have had boughts of
extreme tiredness/exhaustion/weakness which comes on suddenly and can disappear in the same manner too. I've had a few blood tests to rule out Thyroid, Anaemia and Early Menopause. All have come back clear. I really don't know what's wrong but know within myself something is not right.

Despite this, I've still tried to keep Lillie amused and sprung a little surprise on her this evening. Nothing huge, but something I knew she would find fun and something that would involve me not having to participate much - chocolate coated pineapple chunks (tinned I'm afraid, but she had fun all the same)....


Stage 1...


... Stage 2...


... Stage 3...

... Stage 4 - removed cocktail sticks...

... Stage 5 - refridgerate...

... Stage 6 - remove from refridgerator...

... Eat!!!

Two :o) faces during the eating stage...


No comments:

Post a Comment