Lillie has returned to Girls' Brigade, finished reading a Harry Potter book and she has since started on another. She covered some topic work on two inventions - the telephone and the pencil. Further news is that contact has been made to http://www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk/ as arranged some months back. Now Lillie is 10, we have been given the go ahead for her to start on their Key Stage 3 course - Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE) and Citizenship a year early. So, next month I shall be applying for the course for Lillie and I expect enrolment won't be too far behind that! She is so happy and looking forward to getting started.
Lillie has also wrote about 'friendship' this past week, including a poem she wrote about one of her friends and another poem she came across by Anais Nin...
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." - Anais Nin
Back to Girls' brigade treat before the first Company meet..
My treat for just being 'me'!!
A trip to Bluewater in Greenhithe was fun. Lillie enjoyed spending her birthday money on a Ted Baker bag, some sparkly shoes, a Lacoste polo top, 5 DVDs, a Wii game, Hello Kitty umbrella and storage tin and enjoyed a Thornton's Ice-cream!!
Preparations for our holiday have continued and I am delighted to say all the packing has been done! We had a last minute shop today for a pair of boots for Lillie and a new winter jacket for me amongst buying the travel toiletries and bread rolls for our packed lunch! We also spotted a celeb in our local Sainsbury's branch. She took the time to confirm she was in Coronation Street and allowed a pic of her to be taken with Lillie...
Lillie with sally Lindsay A.K.A Shelley Unwin from Corrie!!
I did pop along to Lottie last Thursday, while Lillie was at GB - I dug up some potatoes, picked tomatoes (they are ripening on kitchen windowsill) and pulled up some radish. The soil was lovely and I can't wait to get up the Lottie next weekend to get some more heavy work started with preparing some more space in time for next Spring and hopefully get the hole dug this autumn for the wildlife pond to go on.
Spot the upside down happy spud!!
More food!! Choritzo Ravioli topped with Tomato and Basil sauce accompanied by a mini salad and cheese - was yum-my!!
Tomorrow will be a day of relaxing as we are up and out early Monday morning - North Devon, here we come!! But, for now we have started the chilling and watching The Great Escape (1963) - such a great old movie :)
Oh, just before I go, I thought I would also add that Lillie and I played a game of Monopoly that lasted 3 afternoons - it was a close game with Lillie and I taking the lead at different times throughout, but I won in the end, rahahaha!!







No comments:
Post a Comment