Things are great here - Lillie is almost near to completion with her first correspondence course. She has loved every minute so far and stated to me today that there has not been any part of it she has disliked. She has submitted two more assignments since my last post - the first (a film review) - receiving 90% and the second (a food quiz) - still awaiting mark and feedback. Only two more assignments to complete and then a break till the autumn for formal study. She has also begun revision of the Times Tables today and did well with going through 2x to 9x tables. We will spend the next few months on revising other maths type work covered and introduce some new stuff!!
Lillie has also been busy with out 'n' about activities - a couple of visits to Charlton Park, Marion Wilson Park, our local woods, taken two trips to the library and a visit to The Horniman Museum. Plus Girls' Brigade :-) Lillie has also been helping out with the cooking and last Friday she made 90% of the pizza we had. The other 10% was my input with slicing some onion and then leaving Lillie to it, while I put my feet up. Oh, and my switching on the oven and placing the pizza in and taking it from the oven and plating up!!
We have also been spending time in the garden. The weather has been glorious and the garden is transforming well and to find out more on this will mean take a peek at our Lottie Blog: http://gettingtoknowlottie.blogspot.com/
Lillie also got to see her new baby brother Jack last Sunday and had a little cuddle with him too. Other news is that Lillie's Grandparents are getting her a pony and riding lessons will be available. It was great overhearing Lillie's excitement, when chatting to her Nan on the phone the weekend before last. I have stated I will ensure Lillie has the right riding gear to wear. Lillie has browsed the net for clothing and boots and added the sites to favourites for when I get round to taking a browse myself. I've been intending to update this Blog for a week now!! Just not enough hours in the day at times plus I like to sleep sometimes too lol...
We also saw Louis this week - he helped prepare a Spag Bol (makes a change for him to!!) I also needed his help in the garden with moving a few things as at some point this week our roof is getting retiled and the loft fitted out with new insulation. Obviously scaffolding needs to be erected so certain areas outside need to be clear. I'm dreading the work being carried out but keep telling myself it will be worth it especially during the cold winter months.
There are more than a few things to look forward to in the very near future, with plans and intentions lasting right up to when autumn starts. But for now, Lillie is watching DIY SOS: The Big Build and I'm off for a cup of tea and some reading. Talking of reading, Lillie's current book is Kasper Prince of Cats by Michael Morpurgo.
No comments:
Post a Comment