A book by English Heritage that Lillie and & I referred to!
'Motte & Bailey' Castle
The inside workings of a 'Stone Keep' CastleTuesday - shopping day! Lillie wrote out a short shopping list to make sure I didnt forget the important items she had put!
Lillie's shopping list - Hot Choc, 2 Scrapbooks, Cards & Pizza Bases! It not only serves the purpose of Lillie developing her writing skills but also gives her a some responsibility which she clearly enjoys even if she did leave the list in the car! So I encouraged her to remember what she had on her shopping list and thankfully nothing was forgotten - phew, lol... After the shopping was unpacked and lunch over with, Lillie and I took a slow stroll to the garden centre for another strawberry plant and a strange yet beautiful looking plant for the patio. Yesterday started off busy - the back garden was mowed and plants watered before 10.30am! I managed to update the Yahoo! HEdding group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GreenwichBoroughHEFamilies/Also 'bumped' the advertising posting for the group on the EO website http://educationotherwise.org/ in case any new EO members are from the Greenwich Borough and would like to join their local support group. After lunch Lillie made her cousin Chelsea a 3D card for her birthday (see below) which is on Saturday. With Lillie doing a project on castles and palaces - a princesses castle card was the theme! And yes we all think our Chelsea is a 'princess' as indeed our Lillie is too, Lol... After I took a brief nap snuggled up to Lillie while she watched Cbeebies!
Lillie's shopping list - Hot Choc, 2 Scrapbooks, Cards & Pizza Bases! It not only serves the purpose of Lillie developing her writing skills but also gives her a some responsibility which she clearly enjoys even if she did leave the list in the car! So I encouraged her to remember what she had on her shopping list and thankfully nothing was forgotten - phew, lol... After the shopping was unpacked and lunch over with, Lillie and I took a slow stroll to the garden centre for another strawberry plant and a strange yet beautiful looking plant for the patio. Yesterday started off busy - the back garden was mowed and plants watered before 10.30am! I managed to update the Yahoo! HEdding group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GreenwichBoroughHEFamilies/Also 'bumped' the advertising posting for the group on the EO website http://educationotherwise.org/ in case any new EO members are from the Greenwich Borough and would like to join their local support group. After lunch Lillie made her cousin Chelsea a 3D card for her birthday (see below) which is on Saturday. With Lillie doing a project on castles and palaces - a princesses castle card was the theme! And yes we all think our Chelsea is a 'princess' as indeed our Lillie is too, Lol... After I took a brief nap snuggled up to Lillie while she watched Cbeebies!
While our homemade pizza we both prepared was cooking, Lillie and I worked on her project - we coloured two pictures - one a Union Jack flag which I tackled and the other an England flag coloured by Lillie. After Lillie designed a beautiful title page for her project book (see below). Then time for some more relaxation before putting Lillie to bed.
This morning, Lillie and I enjoyed having a 'continental' breakfast - croissants with butter and a variety of jams, orange juice and hot chocolate! I tried my best to speak a little French to Lillie! She does know 'Thankyou', 'Hello' and 'Goodbye' in French - so breakfast was a good opportunity for her to learn a few more words! I thought it best to start with translating food and drink items! Lol...
We have decided that it would be enjoyable to have a 'themed' breakfast once a month - for August, Lillie has chosen Australia! After breakfast we took a look at the 'Mustard Cress, Rocket Herb, Little Gem Lettuce and Cucumber' seeds that I sowed last Sunday - OMG - they have germinated already and are even growing at a very fast rate. Must be this weather - perhaps it is perfect sowing conditions! This afternoon, we are taking a trip to the cinema, Lillie's Daddy is coming along too to watch 'Kung Fu Panda'! And then after Lillie and I are off to spend a couple of days at Lillie's Daddy's. We will all probably do something tomorrow as well - not sure what yet!! The weather is predicted to be rainy for next few days, so we will have to see what occurs...
We have decided that it would be enjoyable to have a 'themed' breakfast once a month - for August, Lillie has chosen Australia! After breakfast we took a look at the 'Mustard Cress, Rocket Herb, Little Gem Lettuce and Cucumber' seeds that I sowed last Sunday - OMG - they have germinated already and are even growing at a very fast rate. Must be this weather - perhaps it is perfect sowing conditions! This afternoon, we are taking a trip to the cinema, Lillie's Daddy is coming along too to watch 'Kung Fu Panda'! And then after Lillie and I are off to spend a couple of days at Lillie's Daddy's. We will all probably do something tomorrow as well - not sure what yet!! The weather is predicted to be rainy for next few days, so we will have to see what occurs...

don't children just love growing things to eat. We didn't get organised soon enough after moving this year to get our bits sorted, so really looking forward to next year
ReplyDeleteChildren certainly do! The time will fly by & before you know it you'll be back to homegrown fruit & veg...
ReplyDelete