Taking things easy has been top of our agenda recently. Though we have covered a little French, some spellings using fridge magnets, had a few science discussions & worked on several addition/subtraction sums... And of course 'Christmas' orientated activities have featured during our 'chill-axing' time! ('Chill-axing' - a modern term used frequently by Justin Lee Collins. I think you can work out from this posting I am indeed a fan of his!!)
Lillie & I have sat down to watch 'Elf' & 'The Christmas Box' on TV. Weve been out Christmas shopping - though struggling somewhat on what to get my nephew Billy. My sister is also stuck on ideas to give me too, lol... To be truthful he is a kid who has it all! I know he is still into 'science', but Im yet to find something suitable for him in this area. So fingers X'd I will find him the perfect gift.
While out shopping on Monday, Lillie & I got chatting to a charming lady named Jean who reminded me so much of my Great Grandmother Louisa. Jean's hair, makeup, clothes, stature, charm & chattiness was almost identical to how my Nan used to be. If my Mum had been with us, I think she would of got a little tearful & even told Jean about Louisa. Jean was delighted to hear Lillie is being home educated. She praised me on how lovely Lillie is & asked lots of questions regarding HE - not one was a concern she has on our way of of life. When we said goodbye she told me to keep up the good work which made me feel totally good about myself & indeed very proud of Lillie. Its moments like this that I will never forget & I think I will always remember Jean now for reminding me of my beloved Great Grandmother as well as being such a charming lady who crossed our paths that day.
Lillie has now given her home made Christmas card to Rachana, which was received with a kiss for Lillie. Rachana even showed Louis the card when he popped into the shop the next day! And yesterday Lillie had one waiting for her from Rachana & her family. Of course Lillie was delighted!
Weve also been wrapping some gifts to put under the tree this week. Lillie enjoyed this & done very well seeing its the first time she has wrapped presents. Weve been adding more decs to the inside/outside of our house too. Some lovely Poinsettia lights now surround our kitchen window & a 'Please stop here Santa' sign has been placed on our front door underneath the wreath.
Lillie was up early Tuesday, after breakfast she prepared her paints, paper etc & made a start on painting rainbows & a pic of her Nanny's house while I was on the phone. I was amazed at how she 'just got with it' without any fuss or friction! Lillie usually gets quite mischievious while Im on the phone which does aggravate me deeply, especially when I have to make an important call. So hopefully we have turned a corner & Lillie will continue to 'just get on with it' rather than get up to her usual tricks lol...
Ive managed to catch up on some coursework & will hopefully be ahead by Christmas Eve as I would like to take a few evenings off during the holidays. My highlighter pen ran out & I couldnt remember where Id put the new ones! Why do safe places have a habit of being forgotten!? Thankfully Lillie saved the day by lending me one of hers! This academic year has started off a bit differently than usual so getting back on top is a priority during the evenings of this week.
Today has started early - Lillie has already occupied herself with watching 'Shrek the Third', has made her bed, had breakfast & is now sitting at her table doing some drawings. (Its only just gone past 9.30am!) This afternoon we are planning to visit a old neighbour of mine, Mary. Lillie has also made Mary a Christmas card & has wrapped a box of chocs for her too. Ive mentioned Mary in a previous posting. My mum lived next door to her for over 20 years so she has seen us kids grow up & have our own children!!
Tomorrow we are taking a trip into another town to do some more Christmas shopping & buy some festives goodies to eat over the season. Hopefully Louis will come along as I could do with the extra hands lol... Oh the joys of Christmas...
I love the Chill-axing comment.
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog
Thx for popping by Amanda - youre welcome anytime...
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas,
Rebecca