Christmas Eve was very relaxed, Lillie & I got all things we needed to do done. 'Organisation' being the key word. We then had our baths & changed into our PJ's before spending the afternoon in my bed eating goodies & watching, 'Lost & Found', 'The Snowman' and 'Scrooge'. Lillie got a little bored with 'Scrooge' so went into her room to watch Shrek. Once the films were over it was time for Lillie to have her little christmas snack!

Then to leave Santa & Rudolph something under the tree!

I was amazed at how quickly Lillie fell to sleep - before 8.30pm! Phew! I was happy about that which meant I could go to bed after watching 'The Family' on Channel 4. Lillie woke up at 4.45am - ran into my room to tell me Santa had been to fill her stocking & put presents under her tree in her bedroom. I did manage to get Lillie back to sleep in my bed! She woke at 7.30am... I was very happy as you can imagine. Unfortunately the pics Ive taken of Lillie opening her stocking filler gifts from Santa are too dark to put on our blog :-( Once we were dressed & had breakfast it was time for Lillie to open more gifts from Santa & her family. She did very well as you will see over the coming weeks with all the activities we will show in future postings.

This was a Harry Potter 'Room of Requirement' toy from Lillie's paternal grandparents.

Lego!!! Lillie was totally happy that Santa had brought her one of the things she asked for...

Lillie wasnt expecting a little lap top all to herself! This turned out to be her best pressie!

This activity book is filled with all things Tinkerbell to make & create. Weve already made a trinket box, but that pic is also too dark to put on here! I think its safe to say Im no David Bailey!!

I take it your pleased then Lils with your very own activity laptop? Ive had a go myself & can see why she loves it...

Lils happy, Rocco completely exhausted lol... Dinner was lovely & no sitting up the table this year with all the table set being just the two of us. We just chilled out with our dinner & enjoyed the change from all the formality that christmas may bring!! Plus it took no time at all to clear away lol...

Boxing day we had Louis over for the day! As you can see they were busy with the Lego! Ive made a few things myself too...

Rocco getting in on the action also!!

Just two of the buildings Louis made for Lillie!
Boxing Day dinner ended up being burnt! The three of us were too busy juggling with clementines! But I did manage to salvage what I could so it wasnt that bad but probably the worst dinner I have ever made in 20 years!!! The rest of the holiday has been mostly relaxed, Lillie is learning to knit, learning to tell the time - my sister Rosie & her little family gave Lillie a great book as one of her christmas presents from them. It has that extra touch of being a wipe clean book & includes a magic pen that keeps kids interested as well as learn a valuable skill...
Yesterday Lillie & I made a delicious bacon & veg soup. It was delicious & the start of our detoxing from all the junk weve been eating lately. Though we will continue on with eating all our yummy goodies until they are all gone... Then back to having them in moderation lol....

Lillie filling the pot with fresh veg - potatoes, carrots, white & red onion, mushrooms, red & green pepper & tomatoes in chicken stock & smoky bacon for that added texture & flavour.

Yummy....
Today Ive got to get stuck into my books while Lillie takes full advantage of the free 'sky' game that is on offer today. She has already made a tent this mornining & is currently playing with her Lego while humming/singing 'Jingles Bells' & no doubt she will watch a movie. Then it will be time to chill out together.
We are staying home for New Years Eve so that too will be a relaxed occasion. I have appreciated a different christmas this year with everything I have been dealing with in our personal life lately. I think Lillie too has been fairly relaxed yet has had plenty of fun. Here's to a Happy New Year for us both & indeed our Louis. I sense it will be a very active yet productive year ahead with all that needs to be sorted out as well as all the things we love & enjoy doing. And of course A Happy New Year to you our readers...
Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great, chilled Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThe pink laptop looks fantastic - I want one!! X