Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Spectacles & a scarecrow

Lillie & I have been having a great time this past week. But before I continue on with what we have been getting upto I thought I would share this pic of Lillie's wall filled with some of the things she has wanted on display before they get taken down to make room for more! This wall includes our version of roman pottery created with coloured tissue paper, some face masks, a still life pic of a bowl of fruit, some writing in French and a short story prompted by a cartoon print out of a little girl wearing a 1st prize rosette, some sewing, a map & postcards (Jackson Pollack & Claude Monet) of our visit to the Tate Modern, a plan for a fruit/veg patch, some splash art, a spelling test and a lovely bugs/flowers mobile...

Last Wednesday Lillie & I took a trip the cinema to watch 'Coraline' in 3D and it was a great movie that we totally enjoyed. The pics below are of us in our 3D glasses, it was a first for both of us to see a film in 3D though we do look like we should have gone to Specsavers lol...


Last Friday with the start of such fine weather for the bank holiday, Lillie & I got to grips with our fruit/veg patch at the bottom of our garden. We had to take a few trips to our local garden centre for compost & some seedlings as well as some flowering plants for the patio area....
The outline of the patch wall...
About 2 hours later...
Late afternoon, by this time we had taken a trip to the garden centre, marked out designated plant areas using our patch plan, some planting and added a few windmills to keep the local cats (included our own) off...
Then Saturday a new fence went up, a trip to our local high street for a sand/water pit, straw and a few other bits & bobs, then back home for another afternoon in the garden. By Monday morning we had also got the garden in tip top form, made some space for our wildlife pond to be created and to scare away the birds, Gertie the scarecrow was made...
Lillie & Gertie...
Lillie also had a breakthrough on her swing. Its taken since last summer for her to work out how to independently use the swing without any help starting off. I can tell you I have one very proud little girl. At every opportunity she heads straight for her swing where her smile can probably be seen from Mars...
Lillie looking serious here though, I think anyone can see she is totally focused on her newly developed skill.
I had to take a pic of my beautiful Roses that are now in bloom and smell gorgeous with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment