Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Other snippets from the past week...

Lillie is still keen to learn the recorder & has been practising almost every day since last Thursday. Not only has she learnt another new note - 'G' but has also picked up playing 'Hot Cross Buns' very quickly. I have also been accompanying her on Louis' old recorder which she has thoroughly enjoyed as have I. Talking of Louis we are hoping to see him later today, Lillie is hoping he will enjoy listening to her play. Im sure he will & will provide her with lots of encouragement to progress further.

We have also finished reading some of the library books Lillie borrowed & have book marked a recipe that we are wanting to try out on Louis later. So 'Cheats' Pizzas' are on the menu today. Lillie wrote out the ingredients needed Sunday evening & we got those yesterday while out shopping. I shall upload the end product tomorrow if today goes as planned.

I shall draw this post to a close with two pics that Lillie has drawn, both very different genres & personally I think she has quite a talent for art. Perhaps Im biased but thats allowed I guess!
I so love this beautiful 'nature' pic.
Last night's viewing of 'Garfield 2' inspired Lillie to move onto some 'cartoon' style art. I was presented with this fantastic pic this morning - it certainly brought a huge smile to my face. I also think Louis will be very impressed & may even give Lillie plenty of tips & some of his time to help her develop this style, seeing as he is very good at animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment