Wednesday, 20 January 2010

A Cat Lapbook

Lillie has finished her first Lapbook this week. I am really pleased with it & hope she continues to enjoy working on more - either using downloaded templates, study packs or customising her own! The idea for this terrific learning tool was brought to my attention on Facebook. I noticed Julia - http://classroomfree.blogspot.com/ had joined the 'Homeschool Lapbooks' group http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?friends#/group.php?gid=58709496909&ref=mf So with all things mentioning 'Home Education' or 'Homeschool' I had to take a peak & have been getting Lillie involved ever since. I guess its safe to say that despite her on/off enthusiasm over the past week, she really does love the end product, which she keeps referring back to & has a High School Musical Lapbook now on the go!
Each mini book opens out in various ways providing plenty of information & activities to complete.
Includes a little rhyme...
Some useful cat facts on kitten development...
I thought it would be fitting to end our pics with our very handsome boy, 'Rocco'.

3 comments:

  1. Your finished lapbook looks fantastic!! I keep reading about them but haven't found a subject my 2 can stick with for more than 30 seconds!! I've joined your recommended fb group in the hope of finding inspiration!! Thanks, and well done Lillie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of these books. I hope to do one on birds or similar with Asha shortly..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda & hope the FB group helps. I also typed 'free lapbook templates' into my web browser for some ideas, downloadable templates etc... The offer of choices were plentiful :)

    I hope Asha enjoys doing her lapbook Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete