While watching High School Musical III this morning, Lillie wanted to know exactly what 'Juilliard' is all about. All she really knew was that its located in New York & that two of the HSM characters (Ryan & Kelsi) have got a place there. I managed to give her a summary of what I know & further suggested we take a look on the internet. So we did! http://www.juilliard.edu/ A stunning website to view is all I can say. We took the virtual tour around the Campus. Lillie loved it, her eyes widening more in particular sections. For example, the drama/theatre rooms.
She soon realised that its a long way away. So I mentioned the 'Royal Academy of Dramatic Art' aka 'RADA'. So we took a little browse! http://www.rada.org/ There was no virtual tour, however we saw plenty of pics. The design side of theatre/stage caught Lillie's attention. She has now informed me she wants to go to RADA! She is aware of the fact that she has a long wait - 17/18 is the minimum age they take. She didnt like this at all! I explained that she needs to get some experience first & that she has plenty of time to do this. Thankfully we do have some local performing arts centres that may well fit what she would like to do. So Ive asked Lillie to have a really good think about whether she would be seriously interested in doing an activity like this & if the answer is yes then we will start looking into visiting some centres. I may be in need of a loan from time to time lol, but Im sure we could survive if she does follow this up in the future!!
It seems RADA won!!
No comments:
Post a Comment