Wednesday, 26 January 2011

So how's it going?

Last week and so far this week has been fun and productive. Lillie has been spending time on the internet, getting up to allsorts - BBC Bitesize, Merlin and watching High School Musical clips on YouTube. She' s really finding her way around the little surfer that she is. Though, it's time for a laptop cos this desktop just aint big enough for the both of us, lol. I can see arguments occurring in time on who's turn it is next. Plus, a laptop for her would be educationally useful too. I will have to see what I can do. Failing that a comp usage timetable - nah, won't work!!

Talking of timetables - we do have one kinda in play at the mo. It's been mostly helpful and not strictly designed for HE. More so for general day to day life. It's getting more and more busy as time goes on and Im the kinda girl who needs to know what's what and plan somewhat ahead. All in all, it's working so will stick with it. A little structure will do us both good and prevent panic stations on my part with getting work in on time!

Lillie has also been learning how patience pays off with one particular activity last week. She seems to like activities that pay off fairly quickly, giving her the result she wants in a short time. For example, this... (see pic below)

Moon Sand Sweet Delights Shake Maker...
5 mins - its done! And looks very pretty and tasted gorgeous in the imaginary world.

However, I set her a challenge while working my way through a mountain pile of ironing! Lillie tends to chat with me while I iron. So, I knew she would be around for at least an hour - yes pile that big for just two liitle people and no I don't iron sheets and socks!! I gave her this to do, all by herself this time... (see pic below)
A 100 piece cartoon network puzzle... She ummed and arred about it! She prefers my assistance with this type of activity, but I managed to win her round. And she did it - and she felt proud of herself - and I felt proud of her too. With patience she got a different result and all by herself.

Anyway, Lillie's step by step to completion follows...




Today has been a lovely day so far , we worked more on Lillie's Australia project - today was about Captain James Cook's discovery and his naming of New South Wales. We also found out other things - his family tree and how his wife Elizabeth was in her 90s when she died, and had survived her husband and their six children. I did have to edit James' death though when discussing it with Lillie - she was sad he died in a tragic way as it was, but to explore it further with her didn't feel right, at this moment in time.
Captain James Cook (1728-1779)
Now Lillie is playing MarioKart on her Wii - she loves it... Actually it's quite good fun if I say so myself. I would like to look into owning the Wii Fit - especially as I'm about to hit 40 in a couple of weeks. Not done a bad job at kepping myself looking younger than my age so far, can't let myself go now, can I? What would people say? Well that's me done for this post. Think I will go study while I can. Tomorrow, Friday and Saturday are busy days with a few things planned. But will post about this next week... :o)

2 comments:

  1. Battles over computer usage - very familiar territory here!! I got myself a laptop - supposedly for work - but A much prefers that to the desktop so now we still argue over computers!!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - I will make a note of that K. Lillie can have laptop and I will stick with desktop. Well that will be the plan, I hope! x

    ReplyDelete