Saturday, 18 August 2012

Happy, smiley days with some achievements along the way... as usual...

A positive little quote from me to Lillie....

Well things have begun to settle down a little bit again - I was back at work this week, after two weeks off, due to my 'Nanny' quitting without notice! I see now it was meant to be. Lillie has a new childminder, who is absolutely fantastic. She ticks all the boxes and Lillie loves her. Lillie has had an enjoyable first week with Lina and her two children, plus another little girl she looks after. So, has made 4 new friends. Activities have included playing in the garden/playroom and an outdoor playground, visit to a local farm, trip to the local woods and getting creative. I will receive pics via email too of activities, which I think is great...

Of course there have been some settling in issues, but what I like is that Lina (childminder) brings them straight to my attention and we have supported each other with these little things that Lillie has been upto! I'm not worried. It's not unusual for children to test the waters so to speak. But, she now realises some boundaries are put in place for very important reasons.

Lillie also stayed with Lina for an extra 4.5 hours yesterday. I had update training at London Bridge. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was pleased to put a couple of faces to the voices. It was good to see two care worker pals from same area there too. So in all a good session. I had my supervision with one of my co-ordinators - I collected 9 certificates I achieved at last year's training. That was a nice little surprise as I did not expect that many! I also got a little 'reminder' too! Nothing serious, and my co-ordinator saw my point of view. Basically, I had paid a previous client a compliment in her care notes book, some months back. It is viewed as 'inappropriate' to write such a thing, which comes from the top down! So, I have reassured my co-ordinator it won't happen again.

Talking of work, I have been considering starting my own business - well more like work for myself as a private home carer in my community. I won't be leaving the agency I work for until I have established my own client list to cover all I do now. I have been reading a very informative book on setting up etc... Excellent! So big thumbs up!!

The book I've been dipping into... Have borrowed it on two occasions from library. Possibly heading for a hat trick!!

A great book Lillie has bee diping in/out of... She has completed several of the exercises so far. Today she worked on square numbers - very helpful for multiplication...

During the two weeks off work, finding a new childminer was not the only thing sorted. Due to paperwork needing completion, I used the second week to decorate Lillie's recently swapped room. It still needs the doors painting and wardrobe doors recovering, plus the flooring to be laid - Lillie wants lino to make dancing easier for spins, turns etc... The girl knows what she wants!! Anyway, some pics to show one end cos it's completed......



 I reused a canvas pic that had been damaged to create this parcel effect pic for Lillie's wall - it is symbolic - decorating Lillie's room came as an early birthday present - she also has had a new DVD and other accessories bought for it. And of course she will be celebrating her birthday next Thursday with more giftts and surprises from me!!

 Wooden box even recieved a make-over!!

Taken early this evening - very humid here right now. So, Lillie has no intention to snuggle under the duvet tonight. I don't blame her and shall be doing the same myself!

Lillie has also been a very brave little girl this week - she spoke to her Dad on the telephone. She hasn't spoke to him since 14th April 2012, so I appreciate the saying, "the longer you leave it, the harder it gets." But, she has broke away from her deep feelings of ignoring the situation. And what is lovely, is that she was talking for half an hour approx and enjoyed it immensely. I'm so pleased for her and a step in the right direction to re-establishing 'her' relationship with her dad.

Well Casualty has made a return to the screen now London Olympics 2012 has drawn to a close. Though, I shall be catching the Para-olympics when it begins :o)

P.S I passed my last module - techniquely have my open degree now - another year and it will be with Honours....

No comments:

Post a Comment