Well what a week of activity and at a very rapid rate so far this week - and we're lovin' it!
Lillie has a new child-minder. Sadly, our arrangement with our current one has come to an end for various reasons. However, we've found another who Lillie has really clicked with. And I have very good vibes from her. She's a very well educated woman who admits to having child like tendencies, so that's real good news as it's not uncommon for Lillie to find her Mum acting like a child - in a good way of course, that's fun for Lillie. The new lady has also challenged Lillie to a dance comp' after Lillie stated she loves to dance, so this challenge was music to Lillie's ears! Lillie was set a little activity to complete - an 'all about me' booklet that Lillie almost completed, while we visited her yesterday. Lillie has brought it home to complete the last page and will return it on Tuesday when her first day starts. I was asked many questions about Lillie's likes and dislikes to give an idea about Lillie's character. Although, the new lady did state that Lillie is a bright and confident girl on our first meet up. This was lovely to hear as always, as I know my girl totally fits this description.
Today I was unable to work due to our current child-minder not being available today after a hospital trip last night. I do not know what has happened and to be honest did not want to pry. I have to admit being concerned for my clients this morning and did have a disturbed sleep because of this. However, after calling work early this morning, after notifying out of hours last night I would be absent from duty, I was very relieved to be told all my clients had been covered by other carers and that my regulars would understand why I couldn't make it to them today. One particular client called the office later on during this afternoon, to check I would be back in the morning - I'm sure they were happy that the answer was a yes.
I also received a call from my co-ordinator mid morning today - I was informed that I have been nominated for the L3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and have to attend college tomorrow afternoon for an initial assessment. I am so happy about this and am so looking forward to starting. So, studying is not over for me just yet and I can add that I have also completed my BSc Degree very recently. (Graduation Ceremony in Sept' 2013) So, the timing for this Diploma is perfect. I'm so grateful to my co-ordinator for this opportunity.
The front garden was worked on today and the back gone over with the mower as I did a lot of work on it the weekend before last. Now they're both looking all nice, neat and ready for summer. So, that's another couple of jobs ticked off and I can relax even more when visiting Lottie at the weekend, http://gettingtoknowlottie.blogspot.co.uk/ knowing the gardens at home are all done. Lillie won't be accompanying me to see Lottie this weekend as she is away at her Dad's. But, I have set myself some targets to complete while up there. I've taken the advice of fellow allotmentiers about taking it slowly and do it bit by bit in regards to clearing and then planting and so forth. There is no rush to get it all done as quickly as possible. It's far more enjoyable seeing the changes at a leisurely pace. It gives the plot time to establish too and watch for any changes that are good or otherwise. That's how I approached my garden when putting my own stamp on it and I'm still always changing it 10 years on!
As far as Lillie's studying is concerned - this week has been quite laid back with lots happening. She's enjoyed the break but has still covered a spelling test, a maths challenge and been creative with art at home. Her 'all about me' booklet for her new child-minder as mentioned above is wonderful and has made me smile so much with it's contents. I will ask Lillie if I can upload some of what she has written and drawn. She's watching her One Direction DVD at the moment, so best not disturb her (again) to ask!
Tomorrow, I won't see as much of Lillie with work in the morning and going to college after, but I know she is looking forward to her brother looking after her in the afternoon. I'm sure they will have a good time and plenty of laughs and no doubt lots of banter! He has warned in advance though that he may be a little tired as he starts work at 04:30 in the morning - and I thought getting up at 6am was no easy task!
Thursday will also be a busy one with Lillie at Girls' Brigade in the evening. She missed it last week due to us both needing to just chillax after a hectic one last week also. But, I have requested a week off from work in early May, so I have promised Lillie the week will just focus on her and I doing whatever we would like to do. So, trips out to places of interest and over to see Lottie has already been discussed. Looking forward to that week that's for sure. I love my job with all my heart, but after some hectic and worrying times on particular things for a while now, we can actually start to wind down from these and settle into a more stress free time knowing important loose ends have been sorted. Don't get me wrong as we've still enjoyed so many things in life, but no one likes loose ends do they, no matter what?
Well I guess this update post is finished. Time for a cuppa and check on Lillie - I bet she has fallen asleep, her DVD still playing and her needing to have her DVD remote removed from under her arm!
No comments:
Post a Comment