Friday, 26 July 2013

I thought it time for a little update...

... I do remember from the top of my head that Lillie has finished Girls' Brigade for the summer, has been to our allotment, been to her Dad's, which saw a trip to Hastings and seeing her Nan and cousin Rebecca.

 
A 'thank you' card and chocs for the GB leaders from Lillie

Lillie has also made another new friend up the Lottie. Her name is Alana.

Invitations for Lillie's birthday meal out have been written and handed out. She has another to send via post.

Lillie has also been looking into the digestive system - this was sparked by a trip to the library during this week with Dee. So, Lillie has been reading and writing on various things relating to the subject.


A lot of sald has been eaten during this weather!!

 
One of Lillie's salads

A trip to a local park also occurred and making a tyre swing in Dee's communal garden.

Lillie enjoyed having a little change around in her bedroom and also gave it a clean.

Time spent online is also fun for Lillie - Facebook is the latest craze for her!

Lillie is doing very well with reading her current Harry Potter book - I have set her at least 5 pages a day if she is working on other academic things each day and at least 10 pages if she isn't. But, of course academic learning is an all day thing if we look at the bigger picture and break it down!

We are both invited to Lillie's child minder's (Dee) daughter's 1st birthday party this coming Sunday, so a trip out for browsing the shops for a gift tomorrow is on the cards.

Lillie saw her brother today - they worked on waterproofing the Lottie shed roof. I was very pleased with a good job done. Next job in regards to the shed is to paint the outside to keep it protected from the weather. Lillie will help out with that. As can Louis if he wishes! he did text to say if we needed any more help then to let him know. So, don't mind if I do! They worked well as a team so I'm sure they can again on the painting!

We are still collecting the Race for Life money raised. Most of it has been collected. Unfortunately a couple of people have not been true to their word, but that's life! I shouldn't judge because people do start off with good intentions yet things can and do happen where we can't always see things through to the end.

Lillie's dates for spending a week here and a week at her Dad's during the 'school' summer holidays have been arranged. So, I shall have some extra time on my hands for the next six weeks. I hope lots will be planned for Lillie while she is away from home.

Now I am hitting the brain freeze of recalling other things Lillie and I have been up to together since the post before last... Nope can't think! It has been a long day today and now the tiredness is dictating it's time to rest and get some sleep shortly. I think I will leave it there for now. I do prefer to post as and when something happens or over a few days so I remember so much more. But, when it gets to a couple of weeks like here, it fades a little in my memory. Does that sound bad? Or does it show we do a lot together and indeed apart, so at times it's difficult to get the blog updated? I don't know the answer! But, hey, we are still here and still moving forward and I've certainly noticed Lillie is getting taller lately! It won't be too much longer when I will look up to her when we are chatting and on our feet!!

Right, I shall leave it there and pop over to the lottie blog to add some pics http://gettingtoknowlottie.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment