Wednesday, 13 November 2013

So how's the correspondence course going?

In a word - brilliantly! Lillie is thoroughly enjoying completing the activities, mini projects and has completed her first self-assessment test. (the self-assessment test will come at the end of this posting. Lillie has given me permission to share her piece of writing).

 
A card from me and Lillie's brother Louis, plus some stationery and her own dictionary/thesaurus hidden in the bags to keep her going with her more formal way of studying

 
The box...

 
... inside the box...

 
... a closer look...

 
... a great way to get started - Lillie has thoroughly enjoyed working on this lesson...

 
... some of Lillie's work...

 
... to be used on Lillie's collage about herself...

 
... the first self-assessment test...

 
... Lillie getting to grips with it...

 
... Lillie enjoyed the self-assessment test so much that she decided to type it up on the laptop and has given me permission to add it to this posting. I think it's fantastic and hope this blog's readers agree...
 
... so here it is...
 
Life - Changing Events
 
When I was 6 years and 3 months, I started Girls' Brigade. I was wearing something warm because it was November. I had already been to Girls' Brigade once, the week before. This second time, I felt scared. Mum wouldn't be staying with me. It was still all new to me at the time, the place and the people. Also Mum had never left me before. On the way there, Mum was saying to me that I will be ok. When it was time for me to say bye to Mummy, I said please stay. Mum said she will be close by and would look forward to seeing me later.
The hall was as long as a row of three terraced houses. The walls were white. On one side there were windows, on the other were pictures. The floor was wooden and shiny. My Girls' Brigade Captain was Kathy. She had white hair and a nice smile. She was friendly and fun. The other girls were nice, but loud! I wasn't used to it, but it was fun! Some were in uniform. I liked the uniform and wanted one! The first friend I made was Catherine. She was taller than me and like me laughed a lot. The activities included Yogi Bear, Carol singing practice and Kathy read a story at the end.
The time passed really fast! I was really happy to see Mum waiting. I did not feel as scared as I did. Mum felt really proud of me for being as brave as a lion! I felt relaxed and more independent. Whenever I feel scared, Mum says to me she is always in my heart! I love Girls' Brigade now. Since then I have been to two more clubs, Judo and Dance 2 Dawn. Another great thing is I have been staying at home sometimes, on my own for 10 minutes, while Mum goes to the shop over the road.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment