I really don't know where to start with this post, so am literally just going to write the first thing that enters my head in regards to what's been occurring throughout June!
Well, there's my health - I had to have a scan to check out my uterus and ovaries. A fibroid and a polyp were found (I knew something was not quote right with me a while back, which I posted about). Unfortunately, I am awaiting for the hospital to still send the report to my G.P before I can be referred for treatment. It does make me angry for the wait, which is now almost a month! I understand about waiting lists etc but in all fairness was informed my G.P would receive the report within a week. Oh well, I will continue to wait. What else can I do?
An annual report regarding this past year's Home Education provision for Lillie was sent to our Elective Home Education Officer. One was not requested, but I thought it would be absolutely okay for me to take the initiative. afterall, I am very proud of Lillie's progress and don't mind at all who I tell... We received a reply the very next day - the reply was a very positive one and I assume from the reply that the EHEO enjoyed reading the past year's goings on.
We also had a great family get together to celebrate a birthday - Lillie, myself, my son Louis, my sister Rosie, my niece Demi (the birthday girl) and my brother-in-law Joe. It was a very enjoyable evening filled with laughter, dancing, singing, music through the years that we resonate with and Lillie got drenched by a bucket of water (oh, the family tradition continues!). The weather was fine so we spent a good deal of time out in the garden chatting too. We didn't have to worry about the noise because I have fantastic neighbours. Lillie and I are so blessed.
Lillie has also done some of her own shopping! She took a little of her own money out when we did the last grocery shop. She wanted to pay for some treats to last her through last weekend. She had her own basket, chose her own items (although I did state she could not buy a Pot Noodle and something else that I can't remember - I've nothing against Pot Noodles but they are very limited in our house and indeed are a 'treat, treat' if that makes sense! Lillie went to the checkout next to mine. Thankfully with Lillie being a familiar face in this particular supermarket, I knew the checkout assistant would be very patient with Lillie and that they would chat. Even customers chatted with Lillie and I could sense the admiration they had for her. As we were leaving after saying our 'goodbyes' a security approached me. He stated that he overeard Lillie, myself and some staff discussing HE. He asked, how would he need to go about taking his own child out of school. I gave him the advice regarding a deregstration letter addressed to the head teacher and that it is legal to HE and that he is not legally obliged to folow the NC or a time table, but shared that it's not difficult to follow the NC if he chose too or indeed stick to 'school hours'. I gave him a website address that I used when first startng our journey, explaining the law, LEAs etc surrounding HE. And of course stated he was more than welcome to pull me aside when shopping again.
In all honesty, Lillie and I are extremely lucky with positive comments regarding HE. I hear so many families who share that they've experienced a lot of negativity. I cannot say we haven't but that was back in the beginning and mostly from family. They may not all still agree with it but do see Lillie is a happy go lucky, intelligent and sociable young lady. I do believe they trust my ensuring Lillie will be more than a valuable member of society and will achieve success in what ever she chooses to do.
Lillie participated in her Girls' Brigade Annual Sports Day the weekend before last. Unfiortunately not as many girls could attend from Lillie's Company, so the ones who did had extra races to run! They did so well and came 5th at the finish. Another Mum and I also arranged a 'play date' for her daughter Madison, who is one of Lillie's BFFs to spend next Saturday afternoon at our place. The girls would like to do some baking, have the Karaoke Machine out, watch movies and eat/drink goodies that are not healthy for us! But, hey why not? Isn't that what such events are for? well I think so!! So, Lillie is looking forward to that.
We have Louis (Lillie's 23 year old brother) staying for a few days - I am certainly happy about this and love having my boy visit and stay over. he such a good laugh, down to earth and intelligent too. Plus, he makes a good cup of tea :-) Lillie is chuffed to have her big bro staying too and already got us playing 'Jenga' this afternoon. I wonder what it will be tomorrow but she certainly loves us all competing against each other which is always lighthearted! Unless, Louis and I play Chess!!
My brain knows there is so much more to share for June, but it's gone blank and to be honest I really do not feel the need to chart 'all'! I do think though, I should post more often. Last year was great with regular posts but there is no set rules when it comes to HE. So, I do kind of apply that philosophy with the Blog too. Well, okay I apply that philosophy to the Blog when I know I would like to post more! Oh, just remembered one more thing - Ancestry - it's been going great and now taking the root of focussing on one family name at a time. So, the Bloodworth name/clan (my maternal Grandmother's maiden name) is the first line of a more in depth type of researching. I do have to spend a few pounds on particular evidence (birth and marriage certificates so far) but it is so worth it and who knows one day my own future Grandchildren may ask that question, 'where do I come from?' It would be an honour to be able to tell them.
Well that's me done and I do feel a bit better for finally updating the blog. Time for a cup of tea and settle down to watch 'Big Brother' now I feel my working day is done. Adios until my next posting :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment