Sunday, 1 June 2014

Let's wrap up May... And get June started...

Well it's been glorious weather here mostly in between some heavy and prolonged rainy days. But, we've not let it dampen our spirits. Lillie has officially finished her home schooling course and another 90% for her final assignment. I'm so very proud of Lillie for all the hard work she put in to this course and her tutor is hoping she will tutor Lillie in the Autumn when she starts Year 8's work.

Lillie has also been working on her maths and has completed work I've set her too. She has covered addition, subtraction, (covered all the terms for these, eg minus, deduce, increase, plus and so forth), multiplication, division, graph work, angles and of course measurements and temperature when spending time baking. Her current book, Tarka the Otter is almost finished too. In regards to design, Lillie has produced an amazing poster for when she sets up her cake sale in the summer for Cancer Research UK. Oh, and Lillie has been practising clicking her finger and thumb and can do this on both hands now. I so remember how it feels to be able to do this and also discovering how to blow bubbles with bubble gum. I guess Lillie will be doing the latter at some point when I actually allow her to have bubble gum!

Girls' Brigade has been on a two week break (voting day and half term) but is back of this Thursday coming. Lillie will attend for an extra hour and a half as she has been invited to spend a session with the Seniors/Brigaders. When Girls' Brigade returns in the autumn after the summer break, Lillie will be moving up from the Juniors so this invite is an opportunity to meet the leaders (although she already knows most of them) and to see what to expect with going up to join the elder girls.

We have also had another invite from the Elective Home Education Officer for a 'picnic in the park' afternoon in the second week of \June. This is weather permitting but we shall attend this invite if the sun is shining or indeed there is no rain. It should be an interesting time as we have not actually been able to make the last two occasions if they went ahead.



Last weekend Lillie did not spend her contact time with her Dad and his family. He called to say that he had to attend a meeting, which I can't really go in to at this stage. However, it has impacted on the Contact Order so we shall see if Lillie will be spending next weekend there. Although, her Nan called her today to invite her out next Sunday, but I guess that can be done from Lillie's Dad's end and I certainly have no problem with Lillie going if she does end up being at home next weekend.

Having Lillie home on the weekends she is meant to be at her Dad's, has been no problem to me either. I love spending time with her and we simply continue on with all that we do. Last weekend we just chilled out on Saturday after doing the grocery shop and Sunday was a day of music, house chores, studying, playing Scrabble, reading, gardening and resting.





This weekend has not been much different either apart from Lillie cake baking yesterday and today, having afternoon tea and having Louis over for Sunday dinner today. We had a great laugh and I nearly won a game of chess against my boy, but forfeited in the end after a really stupid mistake of moving my Queen into a prime location to be instantly taken by my opponent's (Louis) Bishop I do believe!!


Some Chess mid week...



... and a game of draughts but with a missing piece so used a pawn!!



Thanks for the yummy cakes yesterday and today Lilsie and well done with needing my assistance less and less! It won't be long before you are dealing with the putting in/taking out of the oven and using that stubborn piping bag lol...

Unfortunately some negative thinking cropped up (again). Lillie and I were in two minds last weekend to move house (again) but have firmly decided to stay put this weekend (again). We only tend to want to move house when certain things happen. It's not the solution by moving house. The root cause of this every so often line of thinking will not be around forever. And like my son and some close friends have said, why should we move when we have such a solid base where we are - a comfortable home that is homely, super great neighbours, a good community with good resources and things to do and it's home to Lillie. Home from birth. I cannot guarantee I won't have rash thoughts to move house again, but I truly doubt it will happen while Lillie is still living with me. 

Talking of this house, our garden is really getting in the summer mood. Tomato, cucumber, gherkin, green bell pepper, radish ( eaten two already) nasturtium and borage plants have begun being planted out. The potato patch was thriving with foliage until the snails started munching, but this won't affect the actual spuds and basil, thyme and parsley are outside too now. So, some edible goodies to look forward to. some flowering plants are also doing well and the grass was cut with the electric mower yesterday. We are just loving this year's Lottie - mark 2 achievements and not one tiny little doubt has set in with giving up Lottie - mark 1.


Some home grown edibles...


A little view from the back door - so much cannot be seen from this point!!

Well the summer evening is setting in, Louis has gone home, Lillie is relaxing in her freshly made bed with all it's cushions freshened up (I love line drying laundry) and little me here is finishing off the weekend with this over due update and I shall do the same on http://gettingtoknowlottie.blogspot.co.uk/ after I go make a coffee.

Or I may update the Lottie blog tomorrow lol... It's tiring updating after a busy time of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment