So what's brought me here and to writing an update post after 28ish months?
Lillie and I were watching a 'Who do you think you are?' episode on catch up tv early this very afternoon. Greg Davies was this week's guest and researching his Welsh roots. Lillie and I have Welsh roots too and needed to check a name Greg referred to on our own family tree. An old family tree. A family tree that I couldn't remember the log in details for. To cut a long story short, we retrieved the details via having to visit the email address for this blog. Well, the second email address!
Anyhow, we stopped by longer than planned, looking at pics and browsing the posts. It all seems such an age ago. Time stands still for no person, no matter how big or small that person. It was heartwarming to see into the past. Our past. Oh, how so much has changed since that last post in October 2014. I felt the urge to provide an update...
So, 28ish months on since I answered my own question - to blog or not to blog? Lillie is now 13, I am nearing the wrong side of 40. We have a new pet - Sophie. She's a two-year-old feline friend of ours that we adopted from Facebook. Well, she was a Christmas gift from my sister. Our home never felt the same since we lost our beloved Rocco. Nor did our home feel complete without a cat. She's a pain in the arse at times but has the most ferocious growl for a cat. A small cat. She's playful, communicates well, loves you one minute and wants to murder you the next!
Lillie completed 3 years with Oxford Home Schooling http://www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk She studied their Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Citizenship course at KS3 for YR 7, 8 and 9 and completed all 3 years last year, achieving at least over 80% on every single assignment and gaining 3 completion certificates in the process of enjoying every minute of a semi-structured academic approach. It gave her an idea of what's expected from studying, a key stage subject.
Lillie discontinued following some of her interests such as cooking and Girls' Brigade. They were replaced with becoming a YouTuber, Vlogger, music, make-up, following other Youtubers such as Stampy, DanTDM, iBallisticSquid and Sqaishey Quack Zoella (Zoe Sugg), ThatcherJoe (Joe Sugg), Sophie Louise, Casper Lee, Conor and Jack Maynard and a few other and changing career path. Oh, and watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix!
Catering has been cast aside for Hair and Beauty. Lillie is so keen that she made enquiries with some local colleges on whether she could apply for a place on their 14-16 courses. There was a great response from Lillie's first choice college. However, at present their under 16s courses are designed for students within the 'school system' rather than being placed on an individual learner record (ILR). Fortunately things are a changing for HE youngsters, Lillie's details are being kept on file in case of any changes before she reaches the age of 16. She's also put a hold on applying to any other colleges now. She doesn't want to for the sake of it, with already having a first choice college firmly stuck in her head. This particular first choice establishment offers three levels of Hair and Beauty courses, the opportunity to enter competitions, work placements, to travel abroad and so on.
In the meantime Lillie's focus for the next two years is to study the new number graded Pearson's Edexcel iGCSE English and maths http://qualifications.pearson.com, perhaps take a business course, study nutrition and health as beauty is skin deep and hopefully get some work experience in a beauty salon. We are surrounded by them in our area so fingers crossed for her. Lillie has shown so much maturity, patience and focus for where she wants to be. She almost sleeps, eats and breaths beauty tips, techniques and language. She is very much supported by me and especially her aunt Rose. We're so proud of Lillie.
We have also moved home! Our house needed too much work on it, was too big for the two of us, fuel bills too high in winter, two gardens getting harder to maintain and the stairs were becoming a struggle for me to climb. So, just before Christmas 2016, we moved to a two bedroomed cosy and beautifully laid out ground floor flat. At first, there were some teething problems with details we were not told about during exchanging our house for this flat. Mostly a black mould kinda issue. However, I jumped straight on it and the council were fantastic getting vital works done. I know I shouldn't feel anger towards the tenant I swapped with. But, I do and have hoped she gets mice in our old house! My bad!! Despite my bad karma thoughts towards her, I have brought some Feng Shui into the flat and looking forward to decorating in the spring. My furniture actually feels better in the flat than our old house too! I can say I love this flat more than anywhere I've ever lived. All its needed so far is some TLC - that being a jolly good clean and some new plants and calming balance and essential oils and promised more TLC and colour and laughter. Oh, the fuel bills have decreased by alot!!
I've enjoyed starting up a small craft business. It began in late 2015 and I took a little break from it last year during the process of getting a move of home done and dusted. I love it. All things crafty lovingly created by me! It's therapeutic creating all things crafty from knitting and crocheting to felt work, needle work, sewing machining, quilting and getting to make a little pocket money too. I'm working on a little project this year that I want to take into various early years children's settings to accompany story times. So, fingers crossed that will be a success. My legit small crafty business can be found on Facebook and Instagram - https://www.facebook.com/behindthecraftydoor/ https://www.instagram.com/behindthecraftydoor/
I.m still in the same job despite two company takeovers in less than two years. I still love my job but there are days when I wish I was just working in a job where I don't take the job home with me. I do get so attached to those I care for and assist. I can't help it, I treat my clients like family and that's what makes me a good domiciliary carer. The pay has increased now and I receive the London Living Wage which is higher than the National Living Wage so that's a little extra each fortnight. I do think I will leave some day in the not so distant future, though, even to slightly delay my own body's where 'n' tear!
Well, that's a little snippet of an update - I may post again in the future with more updates. Never say never! The option to leave a comment has been switched back on. However, they will be moderated as to keep this blog a happy and positive place. Love and peace and of course freedom...
Bye for now. I'll leave a little pic of my beautiful Lillie :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment