
What can I say? One of the best games of football I have ever seen on TV... From start to finish my heart was thumping out of time! It was difficult to focus with the fast pace from both clubs. Ronaldo's goal was outstanding and Lampard's goal brilliant.
Lillie managed for the first time to stay up to watch both halves, but decided not to watch extra-time. She wasnt the only one who was tired. Exhaustion began to show on the players faces, yet the desperation of wanting to take this trophy home never ceased for both sides! Penalty shoot-out had the silverware right in the grasp of Chelsea's hand. Unfortunately John Terry's foot slipped, playing the ball too wide. Therefore, just missing being a goal. I love JT to bits and he is so well loved by the whole club, but no matter how much support he gets he will probably never get over missing this penalty. Lets hope we see JT smiling soon again...
We only have to wait a year to see how we fare in this competition again... Fingers X'd for our Chelsea Boys :O) "Come On You Blues!"
No comments:
Post a Comment