Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Take it to the checkout!

We went shopping today as usual. No car, so bussed it! This meant not going to our usual supermarket. Which meant more shops to attract us. Well Lillie anyway! I did promise her a 'Little Princess' DVD, but to no avail - I wonder whether they sell them yet? I should take a look on Amazon... Anyway we popped into ELC - came out with a till! A fully functionable electronic checkout that has a 'tannoy' - is that how its spelt? I cant let my spellings slip now, as my grammar is 'atrocious' apparently! But we wont go there lol, long story... And plus its never affected my capacity to educate myself with new knowledge or to think for myself, whether Im right or wrong. Hey, is that a good role model for HEdding or what?

Anyway back to this till! I couldnt wait to take it out of its awkward packaging! I had to have a go before its rightful owner got her hands on it! Lillie's Dad was with us today, and was in hysterics with my checkout girl antics. He even said that I should of asked for a uniform from Sainsbury's while we were in there! Cheeky man! Though, I will confess I have worn a Sainsbury's uniform back in the late 80s when I was doing a City & Guilds in retail... It was those awlful orangey & checkered dresses and tabards with a flattering checkered body warmer if you worked on the freezer section! Ive still got my name tag in my 'life box', I always giggle at it when Im reminiscing about the days gone by!

Well the checkout was great fun & I can see many days of playing grocery shops, bakeries, cafes, and shoe shops coming our way! Lillie even took the till upto bed with her tonight. I think I heard her on the tannoy before silence fell!

Well I better get back to emptying my email boxes - Ive cleared my OU mail box! Cant believe how many msgs I deleted - there were msgs going back to last summer lurking about! Ive also decided not to use the few internet forums that I am a member of any more. Only OU course forums or EO and the GreenwichHEFamiliesYahoo! group related will get a look in. And of course my beloved MSN messenger, but that doesnt count! The forums have become too time consuming & some can be very intense at times. Not that Im saying Im not an intense person because I so am at times, lol....

Popped onto EO tonight actually, will be swapping MSN addy's with another HEdding family, so Im looking forward to getting to know Sally. I do prefer a more one-to-one relationship with people unless its my family, who I am stuck with, lol... In a good way of course, well most of the time!! You get to know people better when it starts out being one-to-one, so can avoid alot of that intensity!

Well I better go finish clearing out my mail boxes & then get some more of my assignment done! I had to ask for a week's extension, as Im also revising for an exam which is in 21 days, aaarrrggghhh! I cant even substitute this TMA as there is no substitution available for this course! Oh well, I shall soldier on like I always do!

Goodnite!

No comments:

Post a Comment