Monday, 19 May 2008

A new week... Starting with 'A VERY ....



Well the weekend has been lovely - Lillie was at her Daddy's as usual which was a weekend of her being spoilt! Harry Potter DVD's, Little Miss bed set, diner out, while poor Mummy here continued on with her revision. I have got through the first workbook, so only 2 to go with a possible 4th. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying 'Death & Dying' - it has not been in any way morbid, but a valuable insight into a natural event that happens to us all. I have discovered I am not a death denying individual and have strengthened my beliefs in the idea that 'life does go on', from a biological/creative/environmental perspective. I shall be having a will and an advance directive drawn up in the very near future for the sake of my children & of course my own wishes.

The course has been difficult when completing the TMAs, I seem to know the material the course has provided, but there are things I need to work on. Grammar is one area - I seem to have a habit of using 'of' rather than 'have'! I should put a post-it on my monitor saying 'of/have' to break the tendency! Though, tutors do vary in what they expect from their students as is evident with my time with the OU. I know every assignment I do will contain a mixture of positives/things to work on - Its all part of the learning process. As long as I pass each TMA (which I have done) then I am happy! Its not easy studying in this manner, but it is very challenging & thoroughly enjoyable. Oh & certainly addictive!

Well this week will be spent making sure Lillie is doing the things she enjoys and as for myself, continuing on with revision & hopefully getting my K225 essay done by next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment