Friday, 9 October 2009

Rollin' with it!

It seems the fine weather of the week before last has come to an end, having the heating on (which Ive only just got working!) is a sure sign that autumn is here! So the kick abouts in our local field, the longer walks while Lillie is on her scooter & trips to the park are probably going to become less frequent as I do not get along with the cold too well. Though autumn/winter are my favourite seasons of the year & I think its the same for Lillie. She is looking forward to our Halloween preparations starting & in fact we shall be looking through our Halloween decs this afternoon to see if we need any new ones this year. Then there is christmas to start organising soon after this month ends. Then there are all the winter foods we enjoy and we have had a stew & a casserole already in the last two weeks.

We have almost finished reading 'Charlie & the Chocolate Factory' which Lillie has really enjoyed & laughed along to, plus the odd frown when she thinks a child has done something a little too naughty. Lillie has also had a cold with all the symptoms that come with it, so has not been interested in much by way of being too active or brain work. So she has been resting up & enjoyed being 'looked after' in addition to being snuggled up watching DVDs, playing on her recorder, being read to & getting plenty of extra cuddles.

Ive been trying to juggle things the best I can with being back to my studies & still not quite settled back into it yet, but that was to be expected seeing as I took a 6 month break. However, I am cracking on with the course workload & have already completed the first part of my first assignment. Things will keep improving time wise as the month goes on. Ive also made a very big decision & that is we are moving house! It wont happen this year but we are very excited at the prospect of having a fresh start somewhere new in 2010. The time feels right to put past events behind us & 'they' say 'a change is as good as a rest!' So there will be some very busy times ahead in the New Year.

We saw Louis yesterday afternoon which was nice. He has been trying to get his fitness levels back up to what they were 18 months ago, as he has decided to join the TA. He has passed his first medical & just needs to run a certain distance in a certain amount of time at the end of the month. He informed me last night that he hit his target while out running with his friend. He was a little shaky after but is confident that by the end of the month he will be on top form again. Louis has also mentioned that if he is accepted into the TA & enjoys the benefits they have on offer then he will consider joining the Army & make a career out of it. I cannot say I am ecstatic about this but he knows he has my full support. Afterall it his life & what makes him happy makes his Mum happy.

Well I should really get dressed now, as it has just gone 1pm & I need to pop to the shop. I am so looking forward to a nice long rest this weekend, it certainly has been a long eventful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment