Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Purrrfect moments, raw eggs, maintenance work and playing in the toy box!

Lillie constructed a little obstacle course around the kitchen cupboards using wool for Rocco - he loved it! Despite his age being around 12 years, he sure hadnt lost his kittenhood.
Believe it or not, some cats do love strawberries!!

With the super sunny weather last Saturday, Lillie and I spent most of it in the garden having water fights, getting out the sand pit, bike, scooter and generally absorbing the day. Amongst those activities Lillie decided to have a raw egg and spoon race. Lovely! However, this turned out being a little science experiment. Lillie is aware that eggs cook quickly when over the hob. So we attempted to see how long two would take out in the sun.....
..... Half an hour later!! Lillie believed it was not the day to find out. I didnt take a pic of what she did next. I can tell you though that she gave the two eggs a good stirring, yuk!!
Lillie took this pic just after some urgent maintenance was required. Its difficult for anyone to cycle with one flat tyre let alone two!! She now wants the stablizers removed, but where oh where are the spanners?
This is where I found Lillie just before her lunch today!! Shame there wasnt room for two :o(

Lillie has also been getting on with some numeracy at her own request. Last week she successfully answered 20 'addition' questions correctly in one of her maths books. She felt quite proud of herself and her drawn 'shapes' for her workings out were fantastic too.

She is very excited about the coming weekend at her Dad's. He is introducing her to swimming. Some may think its a bit late for her to be starting, but Im afraid I am a nervous/weak swimmer after almost drowning twice as a child/teenager. So, I have been quite reluctant with both my children learning to swim from young ages. (Louis is a great swimmer now!) Anyhow, we spent Monday morning shopping for a swimming cozzie and a float of some sort, which turned out to be a rubber ring. Im sure she will have so much fun when Saturday arrives.

Ive managed to get my penultimate TMA in before the deadline and begun researching for my final one which will be followed by my ECA. Its been a great course to work through and I would most certainly recommend it to anyone interested in Creative Writing (Course code:A215)Talking of writing, I read a great magazine article last week. It was written by another home educating Mum who certainly has a talent for writing. I wont say anymore about the article as I personally think it deserves to be read. So, click on the link for her blog where the article can be accessed from. You will find it on her Blog Archive titled, 'My Article'.
Im off now to see what the rest of the afternoon has in store for us. I do know Lillie wishes to update her own blog with another one of her yummy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment