You may have guessed from my post's title, that my current OU course has been completed. My ECA has probably reached Milton Keynes by now, ready for assessment in due course. Though, I will have to wait to the end of August for my overall course reults. So, here's hoping for another 60 points towards my (Honours).
So, the extra time on my hands this summer, will be spent enjoying some more outdoor activities with Lillie. Starting with a trip, next week, to the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/ Lillie would like to create another lapbook after, based on our trip. So, I best make certain we have plenty of battery life for the camera!! We are also hoping to have some day trips to the coast. In fact, one trip looks quite certain. Last Saturday, Lillie and I met up with some friends we have made through GB. We spent a lovely few hours in the sun together. The girls played great together and with some of the other children, while us two mums sat watching, chatting, laughing and getting to know each other better. Coach trips was one conversation we had, so the idea to take the girls to the seaside kinda evolved from that. So, we will discuss this in depth, when we meet up next week. I clearly remember going on a coach trip to the coast as a kid, with my mum, siblings, aunt and cousins, to Brighton I think it was. Im quite certain one of my cousins was quite interested with taking a look at the nudist beach!! Cheeky boy!!
Lillie has also been 'training' for her GB sports day next month. She is really excited about this and may end up with her 1st GB badge at the end of the summer term. So, she is doing plenty of star jumps and hopping about indoors or in the garden. She can also be seen jogging along the footpaths, while we are out and about. I cant help myself from singing 'Eye of the Tiger' while she is doing all this. She doesnt have a clue what Im on about, but Im sure she will in time when she gets the opportunity to watch all six 'Rocky' films with me. I so love the training scenes in these films, especially 'Rocky 2 & 4' . Not that Im expecting Lillie to ever become a boxer!! Then again if she is anything like I was, she might want to join a boxing gym! These days its quite acceptable, but in my day, me and my friend, both aged around 10/11, got laughed out of our local boys' boxing club!! Im glad that happened, when I look back, because I found my 'sport' - trampolining (1982 - 1987). I wasnt what you would say 100% dedicated, despite being encouraged by my coach to fully take advantage of being in the British Trampoline Federation! It was just a fun, active sport I did and was good at 3/4 times a week. Its also possible that a form of martial arts might end up being Lillie's thing. When passing our local community centre the other day, we discovered they do Judo sessions each Monday evening, which she said she would like to go along to, just to see what it involves first. She is also aware her brother used to do Karate when he was younger and would attend open summer courses, as well as sometimes compete (national) http://ishinryu.org/ To me though, any form of sport is a good thing for any youngster. So, I wouldnt really prevent Lillie from going down any athletic route if she chose to. Afterall, she has a mother and brother who were, (Louis still is, I guess), some kind of adrenalin seekers, with what we have got up to!!
Weve also spent some time on more spellings, word games, (Hangman and 'I, Spy...') and numeracy this week. Things are moving along nicely with these, as usual. She is still independently writing, or should I say drawing up her ever changing Santa letters!
Well I best go check on what Lillie is up to, she's already been out in the garden on the swing, in the sand pit and returned next door's basketball, after a little go of it first!! She's also had fun playing with another tangled up, assault course game, using knitting wool and our cat, Rocco! I think Ive just seen her pass by the kitchen with her bed pillows, maybe I sense a campsite in progress!!
No comments:
Post a Comment