Monday, 31 May 2010

Refreshed and just feeling very good from within

After all the extra pressure from studying over the last several weeks, last weekend was a totally relaxed and content one. It has done me the world of good. Not that I mind the extra hours I put in towards the end of my course, as I love and embrace any personal challenge I find myself in. However, being able to sit reading, watching tv/movies, chatting and reflecting, free from any course book in sight or thoughts of staying motivated to get to that finishing line, was in one word, 'heaven'! Lillie was also home, as her was Daddy was feeling unwell and unable to drive. So, it was an added bonus to have my girl around me, to enjoy the start of my study free period, even if it is only going to be for a short while.

This morning, I woke with the need to put on my walking shoes, to breath in the cool air and head towards the beautiful public garden Lillie and I often visit. Lillie had no objection! So, she prepared a folder, containing paper and a pencil, knowing exactly where she would like us to sit. Oh, and some bread for our feathered friends. The walk there was a casual stroll, we noticed the ever increasing England flags and banners on houses and cars, in preparation for this year's World Cup. We shall be decorating the outside of our house sometime next week, in support of our team.

We also noticed the birds' activity, many were carrying food in their beaks for their young. We actually got to see very clearly and quite close up, Moorhens feeding their young on the lake in the public garden we visited, which was simply breathtaking. We counted eight fluffy, adorable chicks, which is the usual amount if they were all from the same clutch. There was another family standing on the bridge with us, so lots of 'aw-ing' and 'oo-ing' for the new additions to the lake. Lillie and one of the other girls were providing bread and Cheerios between them for all the feathery paddlers. It was quite amusing for Lillie to see a Moorhen chick with a Cheerio in its beak. She wants to take cereal next time we go!! We also enjoyed some quiet time walking around the various gardens and then taking a rest on a bench, while Lillie drew a water fountain, surrounded by Water Lily pads and the one Water Lily that had opened out.

Now we are back home, Lillie is back to playing with her cars, so is often passing me by loaded down with all things to build, including her super version of the 'Golden Gate Bridge', while I am sat here, in front of the comp. I think I will make myself a lovely cuppa and go join in with the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment