Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Has it really been that long...

... since my last posting? Just goes to show how hectic its been here for the past month. Hectic in a good kind of way, I have to add. Well I shall start with Lillie - she is very well and has been extremely patient with me in relation to my studies (will come back to this later). However, we have still had plenty of fun time together - days out, days in, days in the garden, days reading and writing, days doing arty activities and days just relaxing in front of the tv or having lots of chats about allsorts...

I guess what Ive noticed the most about Lillie this past month, is her enthusiasm for writing more frequently than usual. The Argos catalogue is the cause of all her recent writing pursuits. She has written numerous letters to Santa, listing all the things she wishes for Christmas. Early I know, but what has evolved out of this activity is, an increasing like for writing. Her spellings just keep getting better and better, where Im constantly being blown away by the words she is asking me to check. Her awareness for technology is growing and she is now telling me all about the 'digital age'. So, its evident that she is reading the product descriptions too!

She has also been increasingly interested with the 'Tracy Beaker' stories on the BBC. So, a trip to the library with her Daddy saw her bringing home two Jacqueline Wilson books -unfortnately the first 'Tracy Beaker' story were all out. However, Lillie settled for 'Connie and the Water Babies' and 'Glubbslyme', the latter being the one we have made a start on. Its quite a funny little story, so getting plenty of laughs from Lillie's direction, well, and mine too! Talking of books, Lillie brought home a delightful book last weekend, given to her by her Daddy's, future Mother-In-Law. Its called, 'Forest Fairies' - not only does it contain four very short stories, but each one is accompanied by a puzzle. Its absolutely stunning. I shall upload a pic on my next posting - batteries in camera have died - made note to self to replace them A.S.A.P.

Lillie also visited a Hop Farm with her Daddy, his Fiance and her son a couple of weeks ago -http://www.thehopfarm.co.uk/ Lillie thoroughly enjoyed herself with many of the activities this place had to offer. Last weekend they all attended a birthday party, which Lillie enjoyed too, especially the food from what I hear!!

There has been no Girls' Brigade for the past two weeks, the first due to the Election and last week due to my increased workload with my studies. However, Lillie is back this Thursday and can't wait to see her friend Catherine. Lillie and Catherine are also meeting up this Saturday morning, which Lillie is very excited about. These two girls seem to have such a strong bond between them. They always leave GB holding hands, give each other a hug and a kiss goodbye before they part. Its so very nice to see.

As for my studies, Ive been very busy with it all this last month, amongst all my jobs and activities outside and within the house, garden and of course time spent with Lillie, as well as having a social life of my own. I really don't know how Ive managed my time so well to be honest. With having to read the remainder of coursework, alongside writing two back-to-back assignments has been quite challenging. Im currently working on my ECA which will complete this Creative Writing course. Ive loved every minute working on it. I guess the highlight was my fourth TMA, which saw me get my highest grade so far. Ive not received my last TMA results back yet, so who knows if that score is higher or indeed lower! Ive also enjoyed writing two of my own pieces of poetry. I have to admit, I found the whole idea of writing poetry daunting, as Im more of a reader. However, I was delighted with my work and with my grade of 70%. Not bad for the first time, eh? Ive also learnt alot regarding my style of writing and think, 'life writing' is probably where most of my strengths as a writer lay.

Well that's a little update from our world. Im off now to finish another letter for my LEA. The Education Officer is still insisting on a home visit and to preferably have Lillie present, bla bla bla! Me does not think so!! I don't think she actually read my initial response letter I sent back in March properly, if at all! And I am totally offended that she spelt Lillie's name as, 'Lily' in one of the paragraphs! Gives me food for thought considering this woman works in Education. But, I must remember to keep my cool and not veer off in to any form of sarcasm with my next piece of correspondence to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment