Sunday, 17 June 2012

Football, Creativity, Father's Day and lots of mess and tiredness!

Well done, England! Lillie was more interested in the game against Sweden - I was too tired to even care! Sorry! But, glad we won... Even though we were both asleep by end of it!

Came home from work to a completed puzzle last Wednesday - Lillie insisted on a pic for our blog. I would have if she hadn't!

With the room swap going on, Lillie has begun painting a canvas with acrylics and water colours for her new bedroom. Unfortuately she hasn't had time to work on it further over this weekend, due to getting the actual moving bedrooms done. Happy to say, swap successful. Though I have a back ache from hell and hope I'm fit for my clients tomorrow. Don't think my boss would be too pleased with having last Thursday and Friday booked off as annual leave too... Anyway back to Lillie's art work - she loved how the water for cleaning the brushes turned into an 'ocean blue' colour, as Lillie put it, so first pic I took was at her request, before it changed to another hue.

The 'ocean blue' coloured water

Lillie working on the background...

Drying time...

During all the living in chaos with our bedrooms over the past week and them not looking like they belonged to either of us, but more so like they both belonged to both of us and my constantly telling Lillie, not to touch this or not to touch that when moving! And having to spend an hour and half waiting for customer services at the rent office just to have some documents photocopied on Wednesday afternoon. And back and forth to our local high street to collect the several reserved items almost every day, since last weekend for Lillie to have in her new, bigger bedroom, we still managed to get to Girls' Brigade last Thursday.

Lillie had a great time as usual and I got some quiet time in the library or should I say almost fell asleep through exhaustion! When I collected Lillie and thankfully on time, all the girls had made Father's Day cards. Lillie sent her beautiful card with some chocolate to her Daddy on Friday morning. I had to explain to her it wouldn't get there in time for today because of the weight and my not wanting to pay over £5.00 for next day delivery. However, I sent her dad a text to say she had thought of him and that he would receive it during next week, which he appreciated judging by his reply.
Lillie's Father's Day card...

Inside her Father's Day card - the girls have been working on a friendship tree, that is on display in the church hall entrance area. Lillie has created a glitter one for her Dad on the left hand side - she's such a sweet little girl.

Today we took some time off from anything too demanding - with the room swap complete, though the decorating in Lillie's new room should commence next weekend, if we decide to not venture out for the day next Saturday. So, a nice yummy roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings followed by a hot chocolate sponge with oodles of melted Belgian chocolate served with cold custard and a DVD was just what the doctor ordered.

Though I also managed to get through three machine loads of laundry - not looking forward to ironing it all, but today has been a very nice way to end a perfect weekend together. Lillie is now watching, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) tucked up in bed, in her new bedroom. And me well, updating this blog before I get what I need to do by way of preparation for work in the morning. I may get a game of Scrabble in on Facebook before I settle down for rest of the evening with my book. No doubt I won't get past four pages before the eye lids dictate sleep is imminent!

No comments:

Post a Comment