I don't usually buy this brand of loaf, but couldn't resist this one for the Diamond Jubilee! And yes, I raised a toast to you, Ma'am...
The next few pics were taken prior to our very hectic weekend. All good fun though because we're moving! Not moving house, but bedrooms! I have a fairly large bedroom that could be put to better use with Lillie having it. She's getting older now and is increasingly wanting more space. So, starting yesterday after so many discussions about swapping rooms, we've finally launched this project.
But, first some pics - the first few or so were taken at the beginning of last week and may possibly be the last ones of Lillie in her soon to be old bedroom......
A 'camp-bed' with two rooms... Can you see the dividing sheet?
Some time later... Please don't interrupt my studying, Mum! Can't you see I'm thinking?
Lillie has been connecting with her identity lately and requested some photos of family members - some are no longer here, even ones prior to her birth. However, her album covers members from the past four generations on both sides. I think since she has observed me working on my family tree, it has got her wanting to discover her background more fully. She too has begun her own family tree on ancestry.co.uk and can now start putting faces to names in some cases where she hasn't met them. Thank goodness for the photographs that have been passed onto me over the years...
Just 2 in her little collection of 36... Louis on the left - age 3 (I also have a copy of this in the form of a large computerised image on canvass) and Lillie on the right - age 1. Both pics were taken on family holidays (Devon and Norfolk).
Over Easter, our friends and neighbours welcomed a new edition into their family, Little Miss Talya. So, Lillie and I made a visit to meet her last Friday. She's such a contented and beautiful baby. While visiting, I had a cuddle with Talya and Lillie and Talya's, elder sister played together.
Lillie and Little Miss Eliz...
The agreed room swapping began yesterday morning, starting with moving and clearing our belongings out of our own rooms. We're nowhere near finished and still using our own old rooms to sleep in. However, all Lillie has in her soon to be old room is her bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. I've placed my chest of drawers in there too and hung my Audrey Hepburn canvasses and Chelsea Football Club photo collection on the walls to avoid damage. Though, this time yesterday, my soon to be old room was filled to the brim with Lillie's belongings. OMG, I didn't realise just how much she owns!! Storage boxes in need....
This morning begun bright and early with a visit to our High Street to collect our reserved storage boxes (eco friendly ones) and the start of some new furnishings - two funky duvet sets complete with pillowcases etc for Lillie. I will freshen them up in the washer so they're ready for after redecorating and carpeting out is done. We will recycle some things though with a make over, but making a list of all the new things Lillie would like was worked on yesterday too, including a desk for when she is working on something informally and of course when this turns into a more formal approach for distance learning with http://www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk/
Oh, we've ruled out the home tutor idea now. I think my fear of failing was getting in the way of my usual positive confidence about HE life. Sometimes, I think I haven't truly de-schooled and tend to think like a parent to a school attending offspring. Well I was this parent, to Louis! So, I do get wobbly and insecure from time to time and think, Oh, can I really do this on my own? Of course I can! I have been for all this time. Lillie can read, write, problem solve, complete various types of puzzles and board games, can sing and dance, is creative, knows her way around the runnings of a home and computer, knows about certain people and events in history, has dabbled in languages, can socialize with all ages, laughs, jokes, knows how to reasearch and most importantly smiles every single day. The list is endless... That's the beauty of HE, you get the time to reflect, think about and try out new ideas, keep whats works and lose what doesn't... The only thing we will never lose is learning!
Amongst all the chaos of our new project, I hadn't really paid much attention to the changes going on in the garden... Until this morning...!!
From this, at around 7.30am...
... To this by the time we got home at around 10.45am... Beautiful is all I can say... Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful..... And Lillie, said exactly the same when I suggested she take a look out in the garden, on both occasions after my taking these pics....
Oh well, I'm feeling nicely exhausted - time for a pot of tea and prepare for some sleep. I may even read more of The Old Curiosity Shop which I begun last Monday seeing as I'm on a study break and haven't had the time to read non-module materials....
No comments:
Post a Comment