Sunday, 3 February 2013

Can't wait for some Allotment news!!

While Home Alone yesterday, an idea struck me. Springtime will soon be upon us, which usually means Lillie and I start sowing various vegetable seeds - though I have to admit, last year we didn't! We cheated and bought some established plants instead, which didn't quite feel the same. You don't get the same satisfaction this way. That's our experience anyway.

We did create a little patch at the bottom of our garden some years back, but it's become something else now. So, we've kinda grown things in pots, which again doesn't quite feel the same. We've always wanted a bigger space to grow our own. Well, that time may have come. I have applied to my local council for an allotment! It's local and some plots are available. So, I submitted an online application and shoud hear back within 3 working days! That should be around Thursday/Friday of the coming week.

Lillie called yesterday (and emailed too), we chatted about what we've been upto during our day. She even checked I had done some studying!! I had and have since done some more. Thought it best to do more or I could end up being told off by her later today!! I mentioned the allotment application and she is soooo delighted and really hopes we can get a plot. We said that during the warmer months we could spend whole days on the allotment, and when the time comes for harvesting, how lovely it would be to share what we grow with our friends. Plus, we will make new ones and learn new tips from more experienced like minded people.

So, roll on next week and fingers X'd it will bring good news and we can become allotment tenants very soon. Of course, our allotment progress will be shared here or more than likely on a separate blog, solely about 'our allotment'.... I'm that excited, I can't sleep in this morning. Think I will go top up my travel card for next week - I can always have a little siesta later if need be. It is Sunday afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment