Monday, 4 February 2013

What a day/start to the week!!

The day started very sleepy eyed for both Lillie and I - not like us to have those I wish it wasn't Monday thoughts! Travelling was not good - delays, followed by delays then caught up with time! I got home and learned Lillie would be home later as she was having Sushi for lunch with her childminder's daughter. Lucky girls and I felt jealous!

I had another defend myself moment regarding Home Education again today - I don't like episodes like this. I could just happily scream from a mountain top, "Ahhh, leave us alone. I trust myself enough to make sure Lillie gets an education. I trust Lillie enough to be responsible for her own education. She is doing very well already thank you very much...." That moment soon passed and was followed by a more understanding conversation. From both sides. I'm not happy feeling cornered and defensive, I rather feel the points made can be better understood when my guard drops somewhat. I know why I am like all so Miss Defensive - I am sure other Home Educators relate all too well with the same emotion. Just give us a break to get on with life!

In between the defence/able to communicate zones, Lillie and I sorted through our clothes - every so often we fill up some bags for various charity organisations. Two came through the door today - it was too difficult to opt for one so we divided the clothes equally into the two bags. One for collection Wednesday and the other on Thursday. Every little bit helps...

Bag on left: to raise money for 'Troop Aid' - supporting our injured troops
Bag on right: to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research
 
 
Baths had and dinner was quite late today. After chatting about HE, Lillie's weekend, what we should plan for this coming Saturday - all we could think of was getting into bed. Lillie wanted to watch Back to the Future and I to catch up on a couple of online things. I've only actually managed too see this post through! Got side tracked as you do! I've spent some time since Saturday trying to promote this blog. It's in it's 6th year now and not really been shared that much. I don't know why I feel I want to 'put it out there' after all this time. It just feels right to do so now! Yes, I think it's strange too, if any reader is thinking the same. After all this time? I like strange though - suits me better.... Oh well, always tomorrow for something a little more laid back so our minds, bodies and spirits can work, rest and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment