We also popped by the allotment to check on things. Unfortunately we lost our tomato seedlings that were given to us by another plot holder. But, we've since sowed some of our own at home. They've already made an appearance, which Lillie and I are really pleased about. Lillie also has a pumpkin seedling that is growing rapidly and will more than likely be planted out tomorrow when we pop by Lottie again.
Lillie's pumpkin seedling
This past weekend, Lillie spent until this afternoon at her Dad's. She went to a Carnival with her Dad, step-mum and siblings yesterday. She enjoyed herself, seeing all the decorated floats and she even got her face painted as a Fairy Cat. We spoke every evening on the phone and Lillie delighted in telling me all the yummy things she'd eaten. She knew I would be jealous!!
Fairy Cat
As for some of my pursuits, I was not on duty at work last Friday, as I had to attend my annual Medication Update Training - I enjoy the training days, catching up with some carers and those who work in the office or training rooms and I am pleased to announce that I scored 100% on the test at the end of the session. Next annual update training is scheduled for two weeks - I think it will be Health and Safety and Infection Control. So, another trip up to London for me. Not that I mind cos I enjoy popping to the Borough Market on my way to the station, to train it back home.
Saturday was spent up the allotment (I will update the Lottie Blog tomorrow). I got 6 hours work done and lots of jobs successfully completed. As the weather was so nice, I walked to my local high street to do the grocery shop and passed this en route...
I would love to live here - I felt like pressing the intercom to ask if Cathy was home!!
Sunday started with sorting through my paperwork which took 6 1/2 hours and left me feeling annoyed, as I did not expect it to take that long. Then again I did dispose of paperwork that dated back to 2002!! I'm glad I've broke the habit of thinking that certain things need to be retained! Just like breaking the habit of returning to smoking! (Away from Lillie's space). Thankfully, I've made the decision to quit again and have been successful on this day, as my first smoke free one for a while. Not only is it unhealthy and costly but I've begun feeling like I've been contradicting myself with wanting to live 'The Good Life' the best I can and caring about the impact upon the environment on a worldwide scale. So, I shall take one day at a time and congratulate myself when I have another smoke free day. Hopefully that will be tomorrow again. Plus, I have the help of the transdermal patches to take the craving away for the time being.
I've gone back to the brain freeze again... Pfft!! Hold on, there's more...!! Lillie arrived home a little after 2pm. We headed straight out - I had some bills to pay (in advance! I love to keep on top of them), plus some gifts to buy - Some flowers for Dee as it's her birthday tomorrow, a book for one of my clients as she has just finished her novel, another birthday gift for another client of mine and some ice-cream cones, flakes for ice-cream cornets and strawberry topping for Lillie and me. I can't wait for the allotment grown ones, so we can make all sorts, especially for ice-cream topping!
Well I think I shall draw this post to a close and get a cup of tea, then shall remove this Nicorette patch before I settle down to prepare for reading and some sleep. I don't think I've done too badly with recalling some of the past week's events now. I have no excuse nor reason as to why I'm feeling unable to remember much else. That's why more frequent posting can work better I guess. But, Blogging is not supposed to be a chore, that kinda defeats the home ed philosophy. But, I know Lillie has learnt plenty this week on all manner of things as have I.... Until the next posting, my brain will get some rest too!
One final pic I came across from last week, while I was uploading the ones above...
Lillie in her bed camp!! She hasn't made one for a while, so it was nice to be guided by Lillie, with my eyes shut (her request) to see what she had been up to while I was doing my usual Facebook chatting!




No comments:
Post a Comment