Wednesday was back to our morning routine, with Lillie going to Dee's, while I went to work. They took a trip Woodlands Farm http://www.thewoodlandsfarmtrust.org/ Lillie took some photos and some were taken of her too. She loves this place and shall be writing her own blog post about this, so I shall say no more! On Thursday, Lillie went to the Horniman Museum http://www.horniman.ac.uk/ It was Dee's first visit and was not planned so no photos for this, as Lillie didn't have the camera with her. There was no Girls' Brigade last Thursday as the schools were on their half term break.
Woodlands Farm
I booked tickets last Tuesday, for Lillie and I to see Grease at the Bob Hope Theatre yesterday. We tried to collect them on Friday after I had picked her from Dee's and before popping along to see Lottie. But, the ticket box office had already closed! That didn't matter though as tickets can be collected on arrival to any show. We popped along to see Lottie. Lillie made two new friends - Ally and Yousef. Lillie and Ally got on from the word go and spent some time chatting on our plot or his family's one. Another plot holder who we've befriended (Harry) had left some spuds in our shed so I got most of them in the ground. I was glad to see him on his way out, so thanked him. We didn't stay up the plot for too long as we had to go do the grocery shop before heading off home to relax.
Yesterday was an easy, take our time start to the day. We had a naughty yet very nice breakfast!
Scotch pancakes with strawberries, banana, cream and drizzled melted dark chocolate!
Chilling out figured high on our priorities until it was time to get ready for the theatre. I had also woke with the start of a cold, sore throat etc, so spent the day fighting it off! (Still am!) The performance of Grease was spectacular. The Ravensbourne Light Operatic Society did themselves proud. The show included most of the original songs and there were a few new ones that fitted so well. Lillie and I can't wait to plan going to another show at the Bob Hope Theatre http://www.bobhopetheatre.co.uk/ It's local to us and so far we've both enjoyed the shows we've already seen here.
Checking out the cast in the Grease program
"What time is it, Mum? I can't wait till it starts!"
Today we have had an early start - the ironing has been done, dinner also prepared, this blog will be updated when it's finished very shortly, our bags will be ready for tomorrow, the strawberry plant unpotted and wrapped in newspaper for root protection and then we shall head off up to the allotment http://gettingtoknowlottie.blogspot.co.uk/ for a couple of hours once dressed. We're also going to visit The Tarn http://www.thetarn.org/ on our way home. In all honesty I can't believe I've not taken Lillie here already! I last went in my teens but I have a feeling it will feel like my first visit today as I can't remember much about the place! Maybe seeing it again will revive the memory of it.So, all in all a busy past week and no doubt next week will bring more busy times. And let's hope the sun keeps on shining like it is now at 07:59...





No comments:
Post a Comment