So, far this week has gone along nicely. Actually I need to include last weekend and some of last week too as I have just realised I have not posted for over a week. Okay some of the usual things we've been getting up to. Of course there is Lillie's time at Dee's while I was at work - Lillie loves it there and is always full of smiles and enjoys telling me about her time and what she's eaten! I do get a little jealous at the lovely food she has :-( Further progress has been made on Lillie's Creative Writing task which is now, this week, in the editing stages with illustrations. My girly has done very well and her story is fabulously imaginative.
I have suggested to Lillie that it could also be turned into a script after if she would like. She has accepted and shown much enthusiasm for exploring another way to tell her story. So, I will have to go through a BBC script layout with her, after I have dug out this particular format from my uni' box. I have a feeling she will enjoy seeing her story coming to life again but in another way.
Girls' Brigade meet also occurred last week - Lillie and the other girls all made a Father's Day card and have begun preparing for their annual Sports Day this Saturday. Lillie will be accompanied by her Dad and Co. which she will really enjoy. I have to say that lately, Lillie has been snoring quite loudly, so if her running is as good as her snoring then she will do extremely well!! Lillie shall also be taking her Race for Life Sponsor Form along to GB this coming Thursday - as to date, we have hit our target of £100.00. We will so smash this sum by the 7th July - happy days.
Now for some of last weekend - We headed straight for the allotment last Friday, after I had picked up Lillie from Dee's. Our intention was to stay for a good while as we had decided to have last weekend at home for a jolly good rest up, more chillax time and to do a few odd jobs at home that have been neglected!! Lillie was delighted with a tomato plant I was given Friday morning so we took Tommy along to Lottie for repotting, some more water, some organic plant feed and feel the warmth of the shed yet placed by the window for some sunlight. This is what Tommy looked like yesterday when we popped by our Lottie...
Tommy and Lillie!
Last Saturday saw plenty of rain here, so lots of snuggling up on the sofa after a few jobs were completed - sorting through Lillie's Home Ed filing boxes were finally organised and updated and now ready for the months ahead. We have now moved on to filling up another box of Lillie's work, achievements, GB reminders, little notes passed between ourselves, souvenirs from places of interest, cinema stubs, theatre programmes and much much more. It will be lovely as always to look back when we fancy a nostalgic afternoon. Lillie also got busy with preparing a Chilli for Saturday night's dinner....
Plus organising another card and gifts for Father's Day and phoned her Daddy last Sunday to wish him a lovely day and to have a little catch up chat. She can't wait to see him, her step-mum and siblings this coming Friday and she will indeed be taking her sponsor form with her, to raise even more money for Cancer Research UK.
Lillie found a lovely Father's Day card with a nice cup of tea and some biscuits pictured on the front, so she decided to buy her Dad some nice biscuits and raided the tea caddy so he can put his feet up with a nice cuppa and some biscuits after a busy day!!
Sunday was a very relaxed day, despite the back garden being worked on while the weather was fine in the morning and just before it showered a short time after! We also sowed some more various seeds before sitting down to a lovely dinner in the afternoon and watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2003) movie. I have to admit I was so hungry after gardening and doing the ironing that my plate soon emptied, much to Lillie's amazement!
Before... my dinner - pork topped with sage and onion stuufing, apple sauce, mash, sweetcorn and broccoli topped with lashings of gravy...
5 Mins or less later - my dinner gone and tummy happy!
And now it is Tuesday already. We're both sitting here on the sofa chilling after the routine stuff has been gotten through today - Lillie has not long finished watching a movie - Lego Adventures of Clutch Powers (2003) while I've been pottering about on Facebook. She's now on her iPod while I update this blog.
We will have to start thinking about dinner shortly - tuna pasta tonight. This time yesterday we hadn't long been in from the routine and another short trip to see Lottie and then getting straight to making dinner and busily working more on Lillie's story. So, after a busy Monday and the start of today, it's been so nice for some more chill time again this afternoon. I so love seeing and hearing Lillie doing her own thing while I'm doing mine - her interests are so varied and so much fun. Oh, as for the Lottie Blog - that will be updated later this evening when I am tucked up in bed all cosy and watching tv...
But for now I best add the pics to this post, publish post and log out! Tummies are rumbling... Again!!









No comments:
Post a Comment