Monday, 30 December 2013

More than likely to be my last post for 2013!!

Lillie and I have had a great Christmas and so looking forward to 2014! We hope 2014 will be a superfantastico year for everyone else too, including this blog's readers.

Lillie had fun at her Girls' Brigade Christmas Party and one with her child minder too! We've enjoyed the company of family here and away for Lillie. Lillie managed to send off her second tutor marked assignment in time for Christmas and we have eaten more chocolate than usual too!! Plus, made mince pies on Christmas Eve!! Lillie also finished her Harry Potter book and is undecided on what to read next, but I'm sure she will get started on another book when she is ready. I'm nearing the end of reading Wuthering Heights and am getting to the point where I look forward to bedtime, so I can get tucked up in bed with a cuppa and me book.

I shall look forward to reading my first book of the New Year - Line of Fire. Though, I have to wait for it's release date I do believe. Well February where www.amazon.co.uk is concerned!


We took a trip to the cinema to watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug the week before Christmas. It was an edge of your seat experience, with some scenes that made us jump! We can't wait for the final part to this cinematic trilogy.... Next Christmas!! It will come round quick just like this second part did. And then we can get the box set when that's released. More than likely the year after!!

Now for some pics and lastly a little surprise that Lillie received today...

 
Lillie with her cousin (my niece) Demi-Rose

 
A Christmas Eve gift from our next door neighbour - I hope Lillie shares with me!!

 
Christmas Eve - me in my first ever Onesie from my sister and family - I can't wait for more!!

 
Our home made mince pies - the house smelt so Christmassy whilst cooking

 
A Christmas Eve treat
 
 
Santa's Christmas Eve treat and of course a carrot for his reindeer

 
Some Christmas Morning snapshots out of many!! Bring on the snow!!

 
A happy 1D fan I have here!!

 
Lillie's gifts all unwrapped and still Day Two to have at her Dad's!!

 
Karaoke at 09:00 on Christmas morning - thank goodness we have super neighbours :-)

 
Lillie's festive mocktail!!

 
Last Saturday the offspring returned and was eager to set up her Xbox up in her room. We do not have room downstairs due to Lillie's Wii taking the tv spot!!
 
So, It's safe to say Lillie got all that she wished for presents wise and more importantly she enjoyed the festive period with family and friends. She has also been re visited by the cough and cold bugs but is on the road to recovery again and still donning her beautiful smile. Especially today when she read an email from her tutor regarding...

 
... this!! Lillie's second assignment was to produce a poster highlighting top tips for a good night's sleep and how a good sleep benefits the brain and body. Well...
 
It is with great proudness I state Lillie received 95% for this assignment and most importantly her tutor stated how creative and imaginative it was. Well done Lillie. And here's to 2014 with all what we do, share, achieve and plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment