Monday, 30 December 2013

This will be the last post for 2013 - reflection on 2013 plans!!

Here are this year's plans I posted on 5th January 2013!! I've highlighted in red under each numbered plan to see what the conclusion on each one is at the end of this year...

Now onto some plans for 2013

1) Lillie and I to take a break to Scotland at the start of this summer for ancestry, educational and leisurely purposes.

No trip to Scotland occurred!! However, we took a mini break to North Devon and a weekend break to Yorkshire (Leeds and Haworth) staying overnight in Hull...

 2) My graduation and the start of a long break from my studying!

I graduated with my Degree... and am enjoying a long study break apart from the growing your own fruit and veg books I'm collecting!!

 3) Possible move of house which we started organising towards the last quarter of 2012.

We decided to stay put! This is not the first time we have considered a move and decided to stay put!!

 4) Lillie to visit some secondary schools' open days/evenings this Autumn, in consideration for her opting to not continue on with Home Education, from the start of secondary school years which will be in Autumn 2014 for Lillie.

Lillie opted for continuing on with Home Education...

 5) To begin preparing Lillie academically for secondary school, if she opts to attend OR prepare Lillie for a more structured academic approach to Home Education. This will involve more use of  Key Stage materials/resources that will lead onto GCSEs/iGCSEs in English and Maths and other subjects that are of interest to Lillie with the Oxford Home Schooling http://www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk/

Lillie started preparations for sitting the 11+ with the intention of getting into Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School after researching the Grammar Schools local to us. However, Lillie decided the route for her was to carry on with Home Education and is now a student with http://www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk/ studying Personal and Social Health Education (KS3).

 6) Hopefully for the family court hearings to conclude

Concluded back in March...

 7) To continue smiling, laughing, having fun and enjoying happy days and living life to the max!!!

Continued on with this most important plan...

 I think that's covered the most important plans for 2013....

Oh, 8) To take down the christmas tree etc by next weekend!!!

Achieved and plan to take down this year's Christmas Tree this coming weekend!!

So, on reflection not a bad outcome at all with other things achieved, such as obtaining an allotment despite the intention of giving it up next April, to start transforming our garden into an allotment instead in January 2014!! We have also carried out some D.I.Y, completed The 5K Race for Life and Lillie had a Mexican birthday party and got a tattoo. Only joking about the latter!! So, let's see what plans are created at the start of this coming January for 2014 and see how they turn out. But, I'm very happy with how our 2013 plans came to fruition or altered slightly. That's the beauty of this alternative lifestyle and I would not change it for the world. I don't think Lillie would either...

No comments:

Post a Comment