Monday, 8 September 2014

The girl has turned 11...

Yay! Have finally got to posting after a busy time of it. I now have a week off from work. So, thought I would make the time, to tick off another task from the job list! Brain is now functioning and it's thinking back since my last post. Well firstly, Lillie has turned 11! I cannot believe how time is flying past. She had a nice day which started with cards, gifts and breakfast - birthday cake yum yum... Then an early Saturday morning trip to the cinema to see The House of Magic. Mumma here fell asleep!


Before the movie, a little retail therapy. Lillie left the store with a pair of jeggings, a top and a pair of pjs. We returned home to relax. Lillie's paternal grandmother visited to wish Lillie a happy birthday and the evening was spent eating a pizza takeaway and impatiently waiting for the return of Doctor Who, which in Lillie's words was really cool. She thinks the new Doctor is cool too.


Other events have included Lillie staying with my sister, while I got through all my annual updates training for work and became a qualified First Aider. I do enjoy training but not the commute into London. I have over the last 2 years developed a fear of the gap, when getting on/off the train! It's getting worse as each year passes but I'm still managing to get to/from training. Although, I have recently discovered I can actually commute by bus! This will take a lot longer, but better than perhaps next year not even feeling confident to catch the train. Meanwhile, Lillie enjoyed days out clothes shopping, going on a bike ride and picking blackberries with her aunt and youngest cousin.

Other moments involving time away from home for Lillie included a trip to the Tower of London with a friend of ours and made new friends with three other girls that went. Lillie had a lovely time. She appreciated seeing all the hand made poppies for the 100th anniversary of The Great War http://poppies.hrp.org.uk/ exploring the grounds and more of the big city after.


We've also been buying new things for the home - a new fridge freezer, making curtains for under the kitchen surfaces and a lovely, comfortable leather reclining sofa for the lounge. Our monster of a hedge had the gardeners decrease its size and cost a small fortune for their work! But, we can see over it again and passers by can now walk in straight line again!


Lillie giving the thumbs up to our new sofa!

I've also booked another pre Christmas weekend away for the end of November. This year we shall be going to Ludlow Castle for a Medieval Christmas Market. This will take place on the second day of our trip. The first will be to visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare. So, a great trip to look forward to.

One thing we didn't get around to doing was the cake sale Lillie had planned, raising money for CRUK. With the hedge being so bad, the cake sale has been postponed for Spring 2015 now. Lillie was disappointed but after a long chat and being busy with other things, she understands next Spring is not too far away to raise money for an organisation which has grown close to her heart.

As for the academic side to Lillie's life, enquiries have been made for her to commence with the Year 8's follow on course she studied and succcessfully completed recently with www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk (KS3 Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Citizenship). The email has been sent, but if time permits tomorrow with my having an hospital appointment, then I may just call them up to register her for the course and pay for it at the same time. So, it's possible the course materials may be delivered by the end of next week. Lillie is most definitely looking forward to it, especially the First Aid module.

There's been plenty of relaxing together and with family. My sister has just spent 10 days in Egypt and brought home a lovely sun tan, stories to share and Lillie and I loved our gifts, when she visited the day after her return flight home! I asked for a camel and was delighted to receive one! Louis has been over for dinner too and Lillie spent a day at her friend's and going to the park. We've also begun preparing the back and front garden for the colder seasons ahead, although I hear the weather is predicted to stay nice and warm until start of November at least! I can see lots of benefits from this :-) More information regarding our Ancestry have been discovered, which has just added to the long list of imminent trips out and away we shall make at some point, regarding our family history!


Cecil the musical Camel, all the way from Egypt!

So, what's planned for my week off. Hospital appointment for me tomorrow. At least I will finally know what's the plan regarding the little lumps in my womb (non cancerous). We've arranged to collect my 4 year old niece for a day out at a park. We shall take a picnic and the weather is predicted to be fine. Yay! We are still yet to trail an Art Box and offer a review on it. More of this soon as it will be a post all of its own. There will be plenty of rest time and spontaneous moments.

Well, it's post done now. Although I've missed out other activities since my last post, dinner won't cook itself. Tummies are a rumbling and I need to prepare for tomorrow... Over and out. Roger that! Oh wait, what about a One Direction moment?






Last bit going in....


No comments:

Post a Comment