Saturday, 26 July 2014

The girl is back...

Lillie spent last Saturday to Wednesday at her Nan's. She had a great time out 'n' about with her Nan - a visit to see her Great Great Aunt, time spent with her Great Nan, Uncle, two cousins and also her Grandad. A trip to a Boot Sale, the amusements, shopping and visits to a farm at the end of Lillie's Nan's road. Lillie also saw her Dad but for Lillie's sake I will not elaborate.

Lillie had the opportunity to see some street art. So, she took a pic to text me. Talking of Lillie taking pics, she has mentioned she would like to start getting into photography and see where it goes. So, today I bought her a camera. It was at a reduced price from £60.00 to £40.00 and Lillie has already been using it. She is going to start a private photography blog, where she an upload her pics, link to websites, learn photographic techniques and so forth. This blog will more than likely be set up tomorrow.


Spot the dog...


Lillie's latest hobby

We've seen Louis a couple of times this week. He's been on a week's holiday from work. I can honestly say we've all had so many laughs. From playing on the Wii to watching Back to the Future (1985) and from the usual banter moments to more serious, yet relaxed chats about allsorts. We also broke the sofa! In all fairness it has been getting to this stage for a while. Being wood based, a panel had split, which I'd taped up. But, it's split further along from where it's taped. I have taped this follow on split and since ordered a new black leathered, reclining sofa this afternoon. It shall be delivered on 8th August. I also ordered a new fridge freezer this afternoon, as I think the temperature control on my current one is not functioning how it should be. I wonder what the third thing will be? It's turning out to be quite an expensive weekend!

It will be a busy few days from tomorrow with housework, getting ready for my working week ahead, mowing the grass and all in time for Monday afternoon. I shall be looking after my 4 year old niece after work, while my sister attends an interview at our local college, for some courses she wishes to pursue. Lillie can't wait to see her cousin. Lillie is also looking forward to Tuesday. A picnic in the park has been arranged for Lillie and I to spent the afternoon with our lovely next door neighbours. There will be games, conversation, food, laughter and sunshine, according to the weather forecast. And then the delivery of the fridge freezer on Wednesday. So, last minute sweeping/mopping of the kitchen floor! I don't like the kitchen looking at all grubby when an appliance is being delivered. Our current one will be taken, which makes things a little easier with not having to get our council's 'CleanSweep' to collect it from outside a week later!

Now for a weather report! It's been very humid here - hard to sleep at night and quite difficult being out in it, in between clients. I've felt quite drowsy when getting home and certainly slept a lot yesterday right through to this morning. But, the garden is loving the switch from heat and sunshine to heat and rain even if Lillie and I wish to be able to curl up in our duvets!


Home grown and fresh from our garden...


... And more flowers from a local shop. I love Gladiolus...


... And I've finally set a famous Vincent Van Gogh print to canvas, for the kitchen wall. Better late than never, despite it being a couple of months since our trip to The National Gallery!


Vincent van Gogh - Sunflowers (1888)
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment