Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Monday 15th - Friday 19th September 2008

When Lillie arrived home from her weekend with her Daddy & Grandparents, Lillie informed me that she had fallen on some steps while at the beach. Though she wasnt limping, her right ankle was quite swollen & bruised so Monday was spent with her foot strapped up & elevated for as much time as possible! Though she did get to play with some Moonsand for much of the afternoon. Then while getting Lillie's room ready for the night, I noticed Harry the goldfish floating on top of the water! So I had to break the news to Lillie. She was very mature about it and accepted that living things sometimes do die without warning. Lillie planned to bury Harry in the garden the next day. When Tuesday had arrived the weather was terrible, so I thought it better that I lay Harry to rest before Lillie got up. I explained to Lillie that the fairies had come to collect Harry in the night as they knew the weather would be too stormy for us to be outside. I explained that they had kindly buried him for us. Lillie thought this very kind of the fairies and was happy at what they had done. Phew!!

To take Lillie's mind off of what had happened to Harry plus being confined to the sofa the day before, I abandoned the timetable to allow Lillie to feel free to do as she pleased now the swelling had gone down. Lillie played 'cafes' in her room with her teddies & dolls & of course I had a cup of tea too! More moonsand, drawing and a DVD in between running around/dancing/singing... It was like she had been locked up for a decade!! And then having Louis stay the night much to Lillie's delight meant a late night for her!

Wednesday was probably the most structured part of the week - Lillie practiced some more reading, was read to, a game of Snakes & Ladders was aboandoned due to Lillie's cheating lol, and a beaded necklace was made. Unfortunately the pics for that have not managed to be uploaded from Louis' phone due to some technical problem, Ggggrrr! However, the pics from one of the two science experiments relating to 'Balance' have been uploaded and can be seen below!
Great book!
A balancing potato or should I say not a balancing potato on the tip of Lillie's finger! She tried so many ways!
Using 2 metal forks pushed in either side of the potato moves the potato's centre of gravity down lower so the potato can then balance on the tip of a finger!
The next experiment involved a magic trick - one corner of a box balancing on the edge of a table! It works, but how? Well if I told you it wouldnt be a magic trick now would it? Lol... Wednesday evening, Lillie declared that it was Willa's 10th birthday (Lillie's soft toy cuddle companion) the next day and that she was planning a surprise for her. Lillie planned to wrap some of her belongings for gifts and we had to make cards and blow up a few balloons and sing happy birthday too! It was all so very wonderful and Lillie was just totally the sweetest girl!
Well, Friday - Lillie had a very 'off' day... It must of been a 'girl' thing! Does that sound sexist? Well us girls do have them dont we? Looking back now I do smile, but Friday was a day I was glad to see the back of, lol.... I was even looking forward to her being at her Dads for the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment