With it being my 38th birthday tomorrow I bought myself a little gift! Six months upgrade with http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/ . So while Lillie spent today with her grandparents, I was happily sat at the computer tracing relatives from days gone by. Ive looked at the BMD Index, Census 1901 & 1891 & have loved every minute of it. I was lucky to have had a good start though with a list of names etc that were passed on to me via my mum a couple of years ago. Though I will admit I never thought it could be so tiring!
Louis popped in earlier & saw what I have been upto & he was quite intrigued at how far back I have gone. 1860 is the furthest Ive managed so far, but I have a feeling I can do better. It would also be lovely to be able to use some of the summer to do a little travelling with Lillie (& Louis if he would like to come along) to where relatives houses once stood, to see their original documents or to where they are buried. Especially another trip to Great Bentley in Essex where my grandfather was born & grew up. I do know for sure that my great great uncle is buried with his wife in the churchyard there from a visit I went on with my grandparents & sister in 1986. I have also heard a rumour that this great great uncle's wife was the Gypsy Queen of Great Bentley. So, it would be fantastic to see whether there is any truth in this. And of course any other information that may be a complete surprise!
I think once Ive exhausted all leads, then I will make copies of my family tree to give to other family members. Who knows they might want to extend on it someday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful day XX
Thank you! It turned out to be just perfect... x x
ReplyDelete