Thursday, 19 March 2009

Sunshine & smiles go together like strawberries & cream!

Yesterday saw yet another beautiful, warm sunny day! Its amazing how people seem to come out of their shell when spring finally arrives! For the past couple of days Ive seen people out washing their cars, heard lawn mowers going, seen less scarves & gloves & more t-shirts! And of course more smiley faces going about their business. I also come out of hibernation around this time of year - so this week Ive had my hair coloured & have been treating myself to the odd facial to rid my skin of any yukky skin cells that radiators cause in the winter! And yesterday Lillie & I spent most part of the day in our back garden. Lillie got on with her activities, though I must oil the squeaky swing today! She also painted a little garden gnome that we bought in the sale a few weeks ago. Shame some of the paints were completely dried out but Lillie made do with her lot & cracked on regardless. I was also busy with cutting back some bushes, mowing the grass, washing down the garden furniture & just having a general tidy up. I was hoping to start building another walled off area for our new fruit/veg patch, but time didnt allow for it so I will get round to making a start on that in a few days time if not before! Lillie enjoying the sunshine!
I do not have a clue what this plant is but I love it. As soon as spring starts little yellow flowers appear all over before changing into its summer leaves.
Another spring time flowering plant we have in our garden. Again I do not know its name but it sure is a beautiful looking flower.
Today has started early, Lillie has already said she wants to play out in the garden again today. But we are just waiting for Louis to wake up first so that Lillie can then make as much noise as she wants without disturbing her very sleepy brother. Louis has been staying with us for the past week, as he has now moved out of the flat he was sharing with my soon to be ex husband. Louis will be with us until next Wednesday then will be moving in with his Dad, Step Mum & his other little sister, who are in the hectic process of moving to a bigger house. It will be a big weight off my mind to see my son settled again. I would have had him move in with Lillie & I, but we dont have the room and I have more chance of travelling to the moon than getting a bigger house with our local council!
While Lillie is waiting for the first opportunity to get out into the garden she has been busy with a few activities this morning. She has read a short story about 'Fairies'. Its beautifully illustrated and is a 'touchy feely' book which adds that little extra magic to young readers. We also covered going over her 'Tell the time' book. But she got a little bored with that so we didnt pursue it any further. In a previous posting I mentioned that Lillie had completed reading her 'Oxford Reading Tree' flashcards and that she had moved on with spelling the two letter words in this set verbally & in written form. Well she has now covered most of the three letter words today & has stuck the three words she wasnt to sure about on the fridge to look at when she wants. Im certain it wont be too long before we are on the four letter words ;o) And right now she is sitting comfortably on the sofa with her coloured paper, pens & scissors surrounding her while creating little egg pics for easter! As for me Im about to finish this posting then quickly pop onto Facebook to read my msgs!

3 comments:

  1. Snap - we've been enjoying the sunshine in our garden too! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your yellow flowering shrub thing one of these? We have one, it's glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Oh thanx Jax :o) Im so pleased I have a name for it now... 'Forsythia'...

    ReplyDelete