
Yesterday Lillie & I took a walk to our local field to see the first signs of spring! The above pic was the only one I managed to get as my camera's batteries were low & wouldnt play the game! Shame really as we saw magpies, a birds nest, daffodils almost flowering and four varieties of clourful crocuses.

Despite the on/off, light/heavy showers today, Lillie & I still went ahead with our plans to visit the garden at Eltham Palace
http://www.elthampalace.org.uk/ We took a leisurely stroll around the areas we were allowed to visit, took shelter from the rain when we managed to find a spot and Lillie pretended to be a princess while I tried to behave like a queen for a short while! It was good fun despite our wearing modern day clothing and looking like a pair of drowned rats!! The picture above is Lillie standing in front of the 100 year Black Mulberry tree.

The Terrace & Triangular Garden - Lillie wished she had brought some bread for the ducks!

Henry VIII's tunnel to his private garden. Was quite spooky walking through here! But exciting to know that our distant King did the same all those years ago...

The statue of St George with the dragon's head at his feet!

Many huge fish can be seen swimming in the moat. As well as the occasional duck casually wading by!

The Courtauld House built by the Courtaulds in the 1930's.

Lillie standing on the stone bridge... When the summer days are here Lillie & I shall return to see how the garden has changed due to the seasons, plus we shall visit the house, the Great Hall that dates back to the 1470s and other areas. It didnt seem right to be strolling through in our wellies today!
No comments:
Post a Comment