Monday, 21 June 2010

Happy Monday!

After the excitment of Saturday's activity, yesterday was very relaxed for both of us. However, we still did plenty to keep ourselves entertained. The morning began with Lillie chatting on the phone with her Daddy - she wished him a Happy Father's Day and shared her news regarding her Sports Day. This was followed by a lovely walk and a Spag Bol was prepared together, when we returned home. Though, we did cheat with having a shop bought Fresh Cream and Strawberry Trifle for our dessert. Tut Tut, despite it tasting yummy!! Lillie preparing the Spag Bol sauce in her Pizza Hut chef hat!
After a few games of Dominoes, we read some more 'Glubbslyme'. By bedtime we had finished the book. It was returned to the library this morning and Lillie borrowed another J.W story - 'Connie and the Water Babies'. It's the second time she has borrowed this book, but unfortunately we didn't get round to reading it first time around. Anyway, it's only a short story and today saw us get through almost half of it. We also watched 'E.T' yesterday afternoon- a movie favourite of ours. Thus, I did manage to nod off, while Lillie managed to not!! Strangely, I did wake up in time to catch the end with her. I always hold her hand, despite her seeing it many times now. But, I just sense it's the right thing to do for her. I'm 39, seen it on big screen, little screen, watched it with family/friends/alone, and still get choked, especially at the end.... Lillie requested an early night, last night, while I settled down to watch BBC Big Night In http://www.bbc.co.uk/wild/ - I shall admit to shedding a few tears at different times throughout the live programme. This afternoon, Lillie and I made a donation to this great cause. I really do wish that it would get the same attention as, 'Children in Need' and 'Comic Relief', as I feel and believe that it's equally important protecting our planet, as it is to protecting the people who breathe and live upon it too. After breakfast and the usual waking up period this morning, Lillie and I requested the mini beast pack, available via email from http://www.naturedetectives.org.uk/packs/minibeast_pack.htmour (Thanks for sharing this, Julia!) Lillie is sooo looking forward to the printer being put to more use at some point this week, with delivering many of the website's, interestingly educational and fun activities to her. Once dressed, shoes on, cat fed and ready to put our best foot forward, our plans to feed the ducks, go to the library and do the grocery shopping filled the first half of the day...
Lilsie feeding the ducks and admiring the Moorhen chicks which are rapidly growing and swimming solo.
Another view of the moat.
One of Lillie's favourite things to see during the summer months.
Taking a little rest before continuing on with our journey!
Lillie wants to begin sketching flowers in more detail, so, borrowed this floristry book from the library. After lunch and more chatting, we headed out into the garden. Lillie carefully tended to her own little patch, with pulling up some weeds and providing some liquid refreshments.
Drink up!
A close up of one of Lillie's pretty little flowers, which are beginning to bloom, much to her delight. Jobs done, time for some more fun, before a quick bath, dinner and chillax time!
Note to self: please wear your reading glasses at ALL times, while working on the PC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment