Some lovely things have occurred too! Lillie had the opportunity to go along with her Daddy, his fiance and her son to see their unborn new addition on the big screen. Lillie was delighted to discover she will be having a little sister in the not so distant future. I'm very pleased for Lillie and indeed for them all, lots of exciting times ahead for them all to share together. Lillie has also lost her top tooth yesterday morning, so her nickname has changed from, 'Nanny McPhee' to 'Gappy'!! Unfortunately the tooth fairy did not make a visit last night due to an almost slight catastrophy! Lillie lost the said tooth, it took us ages to find it, only for it to be not placed under Lillie's pillow!! Anyhow, it won't be forgotten this evening. So, I think this tooth may be exchanged for at least a fiver, for all the cheeky nicknames, searching for it, forgetting to leave it for the T.F and simply because it's the first top tooth to fall out!
Lillie has also spent a long weekend away, which was last weekend and by the coast with her Dad and family. She enjoyed herself very much and has come home all refreshed and with lots of stories to tell me. I have to admit, despite my funfilled extended weekend and chatting with her on the phone twice a day, I did find it quite hard being apart from her since Friday morning up until yesterday morning. We have never been apart for that long, so she was never far from my thoughts. However, it has done us both good. I think we've realised just how close we are. Once we sorted out the laundry she brought home, we took a slow stroll in the sun (while having a discussion on 'ants') to an adventure playground she loves to visit. Lillie set me a challenge on one of the climbing frames, which felt more like a mini 'Krypton Factor' styled challenge. A close by parent overheard and kindly wished me luck! I knew I would be needing it, lol. However, I did pass the set challenge. Lillie was all smiles and appeared to be rather proud of her Mum. So, phew, a job well done, me thinks!!
This morning, we were up bright and early, I had promised Lillie last night, as a treat, to take her to MacDonald's for breakfast, before returning a library book, followed by a walk around the shops for some 'art' stuff Lillie needed to top-up on. Thankfully, my library card was still in my purse, as Lillie decided to spend some time looking for art books. After much consideration on her part, she has come home with these...
We also popped in to Gamestation, where she chose two games for her DS - 'High School Musical - Makin' the cut!' and 'Monsters vs Aliens'. Then on to the ELC for some more paints, glue and paper before making our way home.
Lillie couldn't wait to check out the 'Monsters vs Aliens' game...She's also browsed through one of the library books and now she is waiting for me to set up the table, so she can get painting! So, I shall close this post and go assist her with the setting up process.

No comments:
Post a Comment