Some background and preparation work
A trip to the library
What I found for Lillie at the library
Some magazine puzzles for Lillie to complete
Lillie also had a lovely weekend with her Dad and family - a trip to the cinema with her step-brother and Nan to see Disney's Wreck-It Ralph, Sunday dinner out to a local restaurant, a camp out night on the sofa watching The Simpson's Movie, eating popcorn and drinking cherry cola with her step-brother, shopping and DVDs bought and lunch today at Nando's amongst other things this past weekend.
I spent much of my weekend working on some ancestry - have bought another month's subscription to www.ancestry.co.uk and bought access in credits form to http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ for the first time. The latter site isn't as good as the former, but then I do have less info' to go on with the Scottish site. Though, I'm sure our possible trip to Scotland later on in the year will help.
Today Lillie worked more on her 6 X's tables and made an excellent start on her 7s when she got home. Lina gave Lillie 30 X's tables questions last Friday covering the ones she has been working on - she scored 90% which she was very happy with as were myself and Lina. Lillie also covered some comprehension work and homonyms with me last week amongst other things I worked with her on.
And Lillie was delighted with the Audrey Hepburn book (written by A.H's son, Sean Hepburn Ferrer) I discovered in the library last Thursday - Lillie is a big A.H fan and often watches some of my DVDs of this great Hollywood icon.
I've also been enquiring about Lillie having a home schooled penpal - well it's sorted. Lillie will be writing her first letter tomorrow. Her penpal is a 10 year old girl living in British Columbia. Lillie is really pleased and who knows one day in the future they may even meet up. Lillie can't wait for her first letter to come through our door.
But for now, Lillie's feeling fairly exhausted and missing her Dad and Co at the moment - I've suggested an early night this evening. Just goes to show what a lovely time she's had over the past few days...
No comments:
Post a Comment