On arrival to any council related meeting, its standard practice to inform the 'Reception' that you have turned up! With Lillie being quite tall for her age, (whatever that means, lol...) its fairly usual that she is asked why she isnt at school. The receptionist 'assumed' Lillie was 'off school' with a sore throat because she was wrapped up in a thick coat and scarf! I soon informed her that she doesnt go to school. Then Lillie's Daddy added that Lillie is Home Educated. The next comment from the receptionist was, "Oh it will get harder as she gets older!"... "Really? Hows that then?" I asked... ". "Well you have to follow the curriculum!" I soon put her straight, "No I dont! There's no legal requirement to follow any kind of curriculum regarding HE, So we wont!" The look on this woman's face was a picture! She just walked away! Lillie's Daddy said, "Well that told her didnt it?"
Yep, I think it did! I just love moments like these!!
No comments:
Post a Comment