The gentleman I saw today regarding the 'alleged' anti social behaviour against Lillie & myself was very accommodating to our needs as well as address any issues that were raised. To be honest I was confused somewhat, as the letter I received kind of contradicts what we discussed in regards to my next door neighbour's complaints. The Community and Environment Officer mentioned about the 'apparent' loud music I have been playing! I informed him that this was not the case if we are talking in terms of loud music being played frequently & recently. However, I did inform him that in the last three weeks we have had a Mozart CD playing at volume level 4 just the once... (The volume level on my stereo goes up to 20, so wasnt as loud as it has been over the years!) The reason I had set the stereo to volume level 4 was to be considerate towards next door's new born baby! Maybe these neighbours who have complained are just adverse to Mozart & would be far happier with one of my 50 Cent CDs... Sorry just being flippant here!
Anyway during the meeting I requested he reads the two A4 sheets I have printed out for him, in order to 'demonstrate' the various sounds that travel through not just only one household but two! The explanation I provided was that the walls are not sound proof. In addition, he wasnt aware of the incident that had occurred last Monday that I have mentioned in a previous post. This incident, which I think created a knee-jerk response from my neighbours. This was also included in the two A4 sheets amongst 3 'complaints' I have made against them - 1) their unsafe fencing that also runs along my back garden which may be hazardous to Lillie if unsupervised. (I did offer to pay half the costs for replacement fencing back in July 2008). 2) their refuse bins to not be placed in front of my property any more. 3) that the 'screeching' of metal hangers along a metal hanging rod stop waking me up in the small hours of the morning. I was asked if I would like to keep an 'incident log' & it was suggested that equipment be installed at a later stage to monitor noise levels. When the Community and Environment Officer corresponds with my next door neighbours he will hopefully bring these 'complaints' to their attention.
I also included that I am Home Educating Lillie & that I am a student studying for a degree and that our noise is strictly limited to the daytime. Ive made it be known that I live with depression and that being woken up at night impacts negatively on my mental health and how I function on a day to day basis.
To conclude, I have an incident log to fill in if the need arises. Hopefully it will not come to that. And I now feel happy to have stated my case which was recieved with kindness & understanding. So thank you to the gentleman I spoke with today.
Glad it went well for you, I hope things get sorted now.
ReplyDeleteK x
Thanks K x x
ReplyDelete