Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Midweek moments

A good start to the day had with regards to public transport running smoothly, meaning getting to clients on time. Not that they mind if I am later than usual. I also received a call from another care company who had seen my CV on a well known UK recruitment agency. I had forgotten until yesterday that my CV was still 'out there'! I was still at work so couldn't let the conversation run. However, after work a second call was made to me. I did turn the offer down as 1) location not suitable 2) I could not leave my clients to work elsewhere in the same role (despite the hourly rate being considerably more than I earn now and it only being one client) 3) I have career plans for the future. Now that's another story as I keep changing my mind!

Will it be a self-employed carer or a child minder or a care worker in a residential/nursing home? I do not know. But, I also want to work in a palliative care setting at some point and then there are those thoughts to return to uni (OU), to contend with, even though I already have 3 sets of letters after my name! Furthermore, there are those creative, crafty courses at the local college offering floristry, landscape gardening, upholstery etc. Is it a wonder I find myself cofused.com?

Today came with other news. Our friend Louise had been admitted to hospital last night with her asthma. Thankfully she was discharged today but is on full rest at home as she has broken 2 ribs from coughing, which ultimately increased her breathing difficulties. Her inhalers etc would never have worked in this situation. So, we've wished her a speedy recovery, sent lots of love and hope to see her soon. I know all too well what asthma is like myself and experiencing long stays in hospital when a teenager. I can't imagine how it feels to have 2 broken ribs on top of all that.

Lillie was due to walk over the O2 with her GB Company and senior section tomorrow evening. That event has been reshceduled for September as the O2 are experiencing staff shortages. So, it's going to be Crazy Golf instead tomorrow evening. I don't mind admitting that I am quite releived the O2 has been postponed. I'm not great with heights, well that's a lie! I am absolutely scared to my core of heights. Although I do try not to install this fear onto Lillie but she is all to aware how me and heights do not mix.

Lillie is also off to her Nan's by the coast on Saturday morning, so ironing was on the 'to do' list when I finished work. The suitcase is almost all packed for Lillie. Now this may sound like I cannot wait to have the house to myself. That's partly a true statement but I have limited time on my hands from tomorrow through to Satuday. Being organised is crucial for the next couple of days or I will be in a panic that Lillie does not have everything she needs. It's not like we live just around the corner to Lillie's Nan if something is left behind.

August will be bringing more dates where Lillie will be away from home. I am due all my annual updates training at work, so trips to London Bridge for all day sessions is on the cards for me. So, seeing as my sister only works term time, Lillie will be going on sleepovers to her aunts. She has cousins too that she can hang out with. I know Lillie is looking forward to it too while I sit or stand on overcrowded and stuffy trains during rush hour!

Well time to sign off and get settled for a good night's sleep. Lillie has not long gone to bed and feels all content after a second fun day, using the new educational website, reading, saying what she wants packed, sprawling out on the sofa watching tv, using the Xbox, having a mini water fight with me in the garden and lots of chatting about allsorts and plenty of giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment